“Relaxing week” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   801 W. Eisenhower Rd., Lansing, KS 66043   |
Leavenworth, Kansas
“Relaxing week”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I know that the week we stayed here has been nice, I have heard that it is under new management. The kitchen is very nice, big and open, full size stove and microwave. There is a full size washer and dryer. There is a dining table a full size couch and love-seat which my 4 year old slept on. The door to the master closes and locks, there are 2 bathrooms one for the adults and one for the kids. The bathrooms are clean and updated fresh paint, and no mold. They are pet friends and we were going to be charged $10 extra a night for our dogs. There is cable, wifi, and a pool that is open when the office is open which is not 24 hour. The maid service is once a week but there is a vacuum, broom, and a new sponge if you need to clean. The down points, the walls are thin, you can hear the people above you, and if there happens to be loud people outside you can hear them. The dishes in the kitchen are toddler sized.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sedalia, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our reservation was for one night in a three bedroom suite. We reserved 2 suites for $167.19 ea. The check-in time on the web site and my reservation was 11:00 am. We arrived at 10:30 a:m and was advised that check-in time was 3:00 p:m. When we finally got our room keys at 2:45 and 3:15. They told us that we could only have keys for two of the bedrooms in the suites. They said, they had new owners and we only paid enough for two rooms and we needed to pay another $34.59 for each suite to get the keys for the other rooms.
The room I stayed in had cheerios under two of the beds. For amenities we received one little bar of soap for each bathroom and one for the kichen sink. There was no soap for the dish washer. No paper towels or little shampoo etc. The pool closed at 5:00 pm on the hottest day of the summer. There was no one in the office when we tried to check out so I Could not talk to anyone about our experience. If you plan on having a pet stay with you. I would get there policy in writing before checking in. I heard 3 different policies from a $250 deposit to $10 extra a night or don't worry about it. Good luck talking with these people. I tried but the lady I spoke with was less than civil and had no business working with the public. PS I have stayed at the Condotels before these current owners with none of the problems I had on this trip.

Room Tip: We made our reservation in Feb. 2012. We needed a 1st floor suite for medical purposes. Our room num...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
condotelsks, General Manager at Condotels, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.
Shortly after your stay, a transition in the Condotels' ownership took place
and, subsequently, new management was engaged to operate the hotel with a
new emphasis on quality and customer service. The stated goal of our new
ownership and management team is to provide an exemplary lodging experience
for our guests. I apologize that your prior experience with Condotels was
not up to the new standards we now have in place. I would like to earn your
business back in the future and, if you are willing to give us another try,
please contact me directly for reservations and I will personally see to it
that you enjoy the kind of extraordinary experience that you deserve.

Linda Wise

LWise@CondotelsKS.com

913-727-6590
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We spent a fews days at the Condotel in Lansing, KS during our PCS from Fort Leavenworth. The rooms were fairly spacious and it was nice to have a full kitchen and washer and dryer available in the apartment. The beds were moderately comfortable although one of my teenage sons would disagree. My other teenage son enjoyed sleeping on the plush sofa. Oh, you may need to supplement the dining ware for the whole family. We found plates and utensils to be only minimally supplied.

We caught the new management at a time of transition so I wish them the best. The staff was super friendly.

NOTE: Be sure you notify the management if you arrive after business hours. They are not like a hotel with 24 hour staff in the office.

Location: 801 W. Eisenhower Road Lansing, KS 66043

Room Tip: Rooms closer to Eisenhower may be affected by traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ogden, Utah, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I lived in Condotels for 6 months while our house was being finished. The apartments look nice and are fairly spacious, they have a pool, cable, internet and phones, and we loved it at first, but that ended quickly. What made it real bad was living with 7 people and a dog in one apartment. But what made it worse was the fact that the maids stole things from our room such as head phones, and video games. Management told us we must have misplaced them. Also there were people in the apartment below us smoking weed and when we called the management they told us there was nothing they could do about it because they paid for the room and we hadn't actually SEEN the weed we could just smell it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Codotels has always been a fabulous place to stay. I am unsure what the previous poster was talking about when she said it was dirty. I have never experienced dirty floors, smelly appliances or bugs. I imagine if she would of contacted the office they would have moved her to another unit or if none where available they would have cleaned her floors to her stratification along with appliances and the windows.

In my opinion this is the best deal for your money in Lansing. It is also the best value within minutes to Ft. Leavenworth and you will not have to deal with the bridge construction coming from Kansas City that may delay you an hour or more to and from work.

Condotels is very military, government and family friendly. From experience if you are military they will work with you regarding BAH rates which is extremely helpful when you are PCSing to or from Ft. Leavenworth. We had everything we needed including washer and dryer which is a life saver if you have small kids and we had a full size kitchen. This was great because we saved money on meals and were able to eat healthier! I highly recommend this establishment. It is the perfect home away from home.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

My daughter and I came to Condotels to visit my husband on TDY. We had plenty of space which was nice. Our daughter had her own room. The kitchen was also very convenient. Also great to have a washer and dryer in the unit. BUT, the place was very dirty! Our socks were black from the carpet by the end of the day! I wanted to open the windows, but they were filled with dead bugs! The dish washer smelled so bad, I had to call maintenance to clean it! And it still smells! The housekeeping services were pretty sub standard. They didn't clean the counters or touch the floors with a vacuum or mop. They tossed a few clean towels and made our beds. It was really hot and muggy during our stay and the pool was closed the whole week we visited. If you are a single guy used to staying in the barracks, this place would probably knock you socks off. All else (especially finicky wives!) beware!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Lansing, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

If you are a family visiting the area or in the process of a military move, this is the hotel you want. You'll find ample room for your whole family and wonderful staff to help you should you need anything. If you are a couple or single you may want something that serves breakfast or wish for more posh rooms, but for a family or someone with a longer stay this is ideal. As a family of 4 and being 7 months pregnant, Condotels was the perfect fit. After a 3 day stay at the on post guest lodging, we found out they were overbooked and we wouldn't be able to stay through the weekend. I called condotels and explained our situation saying we may need to stay there for up to 3 weeks and they gave us a 3 bedroom unit for just a few dollars more per night then the on post guest lodging. This was a substantial discount off their list price. The unit was so much nicer then the on post lodging. The unit had 2 full baths,a full kitchen, washer, dryer , dining and living room. It would have been miserable had we had to stay the 3 weeks in a normal hotel much less the on post guest lodging which wasn't nearly as nice. It was wonderful to be able to cook our own meals in the kitchen and having the ability to do laundry in our own unit was an added benefit. Housekeeping was very helpful if I needed extra of something. The maintenance guys and front desk were terrific. We still didn't have a house yet and we got a call that our hold baggage was in and could be delivered. I inquired at the hotel if there might be a storage place we could put it. They let us put the items in an empty unit that wasn't being used and gave us the key to the unit so we could have access to our items whenever we needed. The maintenance guys even helped unload the truck when the delivery came - they said they didn't want me moving anything, being pregnant. I can not say enough for the staff here. Their service made a challenging move and lengthy stay so much easier. Oh... while you stay you get a free membership to a full gym just 5 minutes down the street. Thank you condotels for such a wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Condotels? Share your experiences!