“If you are there, a must stop.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Attractions in Kinsley
Washington State
12 attraction reviews
“If you are there, a must stop.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

This won't be the best review I ever write but fun nonetheless. I had some business in Kinsley and as I was leaving, I saw a sign staring right at me. The sign had an arrow pointing to the west and an arrow pointing to the east. The west pointing arrow said, San Francisco 1561 Miles. The east pointing arrow said, New York 1561 Miles. Midway USA.

It just seemed like one of the coolest places to be - literally the middle of the country. I don't know why this struck me as a "must stop" but I had to stop and take a picture.

There are other things at this site other than the sign - a train, some tractors, farm equipment and the like. However, for me, the sign was a big draw.

Visited February 2012

Been to Sod House Museum Complex? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Sod House Museum Complex, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.