“Good as value hotels go” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Kansas City
Denver, Colorado
“Good as value hotels go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I needed a clean comfortable place to spend one night while driving home on I-70. Because I was heading west I wanted to be on the west side of the KC Metro area, to avoid driving through weekday morning rush hour city traffic. My travel plans had changed so I was on the internet looking for such a place only a couple of days in advance. This hotel had rooms available for the night I needed and the price was a good deal.

I'm used to spending a bit more and staying in Hampton Inn type places so I didn't have high expectations of this value hotel. I was pleasantly surprised; it somewhat exceeded my expectations. I'm posting pictures I took of my third-floor room on check-in in hopes that they may help others to decide about this hotel. Overall it was fresher and cleaner, more updated, than I expected. The bed linens included a white duvet (clean), thin brown cord bedspread (stains, ick), and decorative throw. I quickly tossed the spread and throw into a corner.

The bathroom was quite clean and towels were not only plentiful, they were decoratively arranged. They were a bit on the thin side but clean and didn't seem worn. The in-room coffeemaker worked well.

Breakfast looked comparable to what I've seen at other chain hotels. The clerk at check-in was very pleasant. I had no trouble finding a parking place, but I assume that's because the place wasn't booked full.

The elevator doors closed with a loud grating noise on the first floor, which could be a nuisance if your room is nearby. The walls are a bit thin and I heard more sounds of running water, hallway noise, etc., than in other hotels.

Room Tip: The elevator doors are very noisy and grating, especially on the first floor. That would be annoying...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
St. Petersburg, Florida, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

If you are going to a race at Kansas Speedway, this is an ok place to stay, as it is about 10-15 minutes from the the speedway. Bed was reasonably comfortable and employees very friendly. Walls are thin, so you better hope your neighbors are quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor away from ice machine and elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Genoa, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

When we arrived late in the evening, the hotel clerk, Amy C, was very gracious and accommodating. She directed us to the Legends area for dinner and entertainment. Our room was very clean and comfortable. When we checked out, the front desk called back to confirm that our stay was a pleasant one. I very much recommend this facility as a great place to stop for the night. Kuddos.

Room Tip: Great value. The neighborhood in general is a little shady right off the interstate, but park in fr...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is our first time staying in a Comfort Inn and if this is typical, we will definitely be staying again. Rooms were clean and fresh. Each queen bed had four pillows, two firm and two softer. Towels were soft and bright white. Lighting was good. Wifi was good.
The only negative was the tissue box had only one tissue in it and I had a cold! I would not have noticied this otherwise.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Plato, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I was visiting some family and friends and also wanted to take a break for rest. When we finally arrived at the hotel, it was very late and my family and I were ready to relax. First, the customer service of the Front Desk personnel was exceptional!!! She made us feel like we were at home!!! She was very personable and professional! The rooms were clean and fresh!!! The beds were so comfortable and we slept through the night (a rarity for me)!!! We will definitely make this hotel our stay when we travel to here again!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Lancaster, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

The employees are wonderful - Especially Grandma Judy - Even if you do not eat breakfast go visit Grandma Judy. Very nice hotel for the cost! I would return to this hotel in the future without a problem. When I see some of the reviews I am wondering if any of those who complained has ever actually been in a bad hotel (smile face).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Penang
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

pretty much what one should expect for the money. a bit nosiy because lots of KC Chief fans in for a game. breakfast had hot eggs and breakfast sausage. only complaint was the bed, it kept wanting to roll me into the middle. between the noise and the bed i gave it 3 stars. otherwise what one expects when traveling for a 100 bucks.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family