“Best LA food for 500 miles” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 212 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Live music Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights!
Wichita, Kansas
“Best LA food for 500 miles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Good quality, authentic cajun food. Nothing can match New Orleans (or Shreveport for that matter), but Jazz is the real deal and the best cajun food within a day's drive of the heartland.

Visited July 2012

“A must eat if u like Cajun food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Our waiter understood exactly what we wanted & adjusted items on the menu to fit our request .... He was very nice & encouraging to my 6 yr old son, which means everything to us. Being from Louisiana, I agree with the job they did on atmosphere & food! Must eat place

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lombard
“Just OK won't go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Went to lunch with a friend June 2012. We ordered a drink which tasted funny. I think it had seltzer in it. The drink does not normally have seltzer in it. We said something to our server and she started arguing with us. We thought OK, we never get a drink here again.

The meal was just OK. I ordered blackened chicken with dirty rice. I thought it was supposed to be spicy. It really wasn't. Maybe I misunderstood. But anyway, I can make better dirty rice than this. The chicken wasn't bad, but it just wasn't something I would get again.

The jambalaya was OK too. I would get that again. But really, it wasn't a good enough experience that I would go back. There are a bunch of restaurants in this area of town and next time I'll try something else.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Papillion, Nebraska
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We came here for the first time two years ago and I couldn't wait to try it again. Delicious flavorful food. (Spicy if you'd like) You won't leave here hungry!

Visited June 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Taste of New Orleans in KC!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My hubby and I came here for our first date and relive our first date every year here! The food is DELICIOUS and the atmosphere is fun! There's live jazz in the evenings, so come early if you don't like jazz/noise. My favorite dishes are the Aligator Bites, Shimp Fettuccini (you can get this with cajun spices or not), and don't forget the Beignets for dessert!

Visited January 2012