I stayed here one night on business. I probably would not have reserved this room, but it is where I was instructed to stay and I was pleasantly surprised.
The rooms were quite spacious, comfortable, and clean. I had a Queen room which had a 2-burner stove, refrigerator, microwave, desk w/ 2 chairs, flatscreen TV, recliner, queen-sized bed, and large 4-piece bathroom. Kitchen area had laminate flooring, carpeting in the sleeping area, and tile in the bathroom (or vinyl - can't remember). Air conditioning was excellent - easy to manipulate temperature. Wi-fi was fast and free. The only downside was the pillows - a bit hard. I normally bring my own and I forgot this time. But, I still slept well but had to get up rather early for business. Bed, itself, was very comfortable and linens were nice. Towels were nice as well.
Staff was very pleasant and accommodating. There was the option to borrow DVDs from the front desk (which I did not do - had to work and get some sleep). No breakfast but there was coffee. Lobby area is rather small and I found it odd that the front door was automatic (to help you get in and out with your luggage) but there was another inner door that was not automatic - kind of defeated the purpose of the front door. Just an observation - I didn't have much luggage, so it wasn't an issue.
All-in-all, a very nice hotel. I'm sure if you have an extended stay, this would be a nice place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extended Stay Hotel in Kansas City, Kansas, Welcomes You The Candlewood Suites in Kansas City is built specifically for extended stay travelers and will make you feel at home during your stay in Kansas City. Our hotel's convenient location makes it perfect for business or leisure travelers. Leisure travelers enjoy our hotel's Kansas City location, as we are less than one mile from the Kansas City International Speedway and just across the street from the Legends Shopping Center. Nearby, you will find the Nebraska Furniture Mart, Cabela's, and the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. Downtown Kansas City and a variety of museums and attractions are just a short drive away. Our hotel is also ideal for those in Kansas City for business. Providence Medical Center, Heart of America Surgery Center, Fort Leavenworth Army base and the University of Kansas are all nearby, and a variety of other businesses are just a short drive away. Each of our suites features an executive work desk and free high-speed Internet access, so you can stay connected during your time on the road. Those looking for comfortable extended stay lodging in Kansas City will feel right at home. With amenities including the Candlewood Cupboard, which offers food and sundry items for purchase, a 24-hour fitness center, free laundry facilities and a free lending library, we are the perfect place to stay during your visit to Kansas City. Check our great Kansas City hotel deals today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Candlewood Suites at Village West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Kansas City Speedway Hotel Kansas City
- Candlewood Kansas City
- Kansas City Candlewood Suites