“Disgusting!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of American Inn

You added American Inn to your Saves list
American Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7949 Splitlog Ave., I-70 and 78th Street Exit 414, Kansas City, KS 66112   |
Offers & Announcements
CALL DIRECT AND SAVE $$$
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Kansas City
“Disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely disgusting. Room was very dirty, the sink faucet was so rusted we used bottled water to brush our teeth, the bathroom light didn't work so had to take a shower in the dark, which I hesitately did. The description on the Internet said microwave and fridge in every room, LIE. Small 20 inch tv. As we were leaving another guest asked how our room was, I said disgusting, she said their room looked as though blood stains where on the wall. Had I been able to get another room somewhere else I would have. I know one thing is for sure I will never stay in another American Inn.

• Stayed May 2014
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Staceycl,

I would like to offer my apology to you for an obvious horrible stay! I wish you would have contacted the front desk to report the numerous issues you have talked about! We would have moved you immediately. It sounds like the room you were given was a mistake and had been pulled for service but yet was in the ready rooms list. Please know that we have maintained this hotel for 32 years and always have many Contract accounts that stay with us for years at a time. We do not have lies on our website. We do have tv's ,microwaves and refrigerators in our rooms. If you had called the front desk, again, we would have moved you. I appreciate whatever reason you had for not calling the desk...I know I sure would have! Anywhere you stay no matter where, always let the front desk know of your displeasure instead of just staying in the room.
It was your choice to stay in that room and I am so sorry you were put in that position.

Carol McCoy
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Made multiple complaints about bugs, they couldn't care less and refused to move my employees to a non infested room. When making complaints the front desk was not even the least bit helpful. Haven't had a vacuum run through my room in the 2 months we've stayed here.
If you have trash, and it doesn't fit into the very small trashcan they provide, they will not take it out if it isn't in that can, regardless of how blatantly obvious we make it. A trash bag I sat on top of the can was placed to the side, full of trash, to continue to trash the room.
Horrible service, horrible attitudes, and massive lack of customer service. Would not recommend for any sort of extended stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear HamStar83,

Please accept my apology for this late response to your review. I saw today that I missed a couple in 2013 and wanted to make sure to reply to your comments. I am so sorry you had such a horrible stay with us.
I do know that we have trouble with some extended stay guests that have been with us for months on end. There can be excessive personal items everywhere that prohibits us from successfully cleaning the rooms. If your trash was running over like that we wish you would have asked us for an additional can. The small cans will not accommodate more than one person and most of our extended stay rents are with 2-4 people in a room. We often request you put the trash outside your door. If it were piled on top of the small can waiting for us to pick it up it could wait a week. We clean monthlies once per week.
We have addressed your issues and we want to take care of all complaints.
All I can say is I am sorry and hopefully you will accept my apology.

Carol
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great price - clean & front service was really good. A bit noisy from the Highway though but beds were comfy & the pillows were SUPER comfy!!! Better than the ones I have at home! WiFi - coffee in the lobby. Great location if you are traveling through.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Candy,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to write this review! We appreciate our guests and want to know your thoughts and concerns!
We are working on the weather stripping around the doors which will give better insulation from the highway noise.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the fluffy pillows! Also the great Front Desk service you received while staying with us is totally important since they are the first impression a guest has when coming in the door!
I hope you will stop in again when traveling through town!

Carol M Director of Sales and Marketing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

much nicer place to stay than most places i have stayed or will be staying in the future. very clean and friendly service. Very informed crew willing to help any way they can. easy access to places to eat and nice shopping center close by. Definately higher class place to stay than i am use to

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Endeavorman...

Thank you so much for your review! I appreciate your wonderful comments and your compliment to Bianca! I know she appreciates your kindness!

I hope you will come see us again when visiting this area!

Carol M Director of Sales and Marketing
Kansas City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The wi-fi doesn't always work. Some rooms have a refrigerator and microwave, however others don't have either. Have of the time the two plugin don't work and the heat is not reliable. Beds are different in every room so you never know how your stay is going to be. Very inconsistent. However, for the cheapest rooms around it is normally worth not paying the higher prices.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Jalissa,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I really do appreciate your comments and can tell that you have stayed with us several times. Thank you.
As far as the WIFI you will see on your next visit to us that we have upgraded our internet and it is working at top speed!
Anytime you need a room with a microwave and mini-fridge just tell the front desk at check-in and you will have a room that is equipped with both!
Please accept my apology for your heating issue. With having 158 rooms at 70-85% occupancy all year long, we sometimes have repairs to make!
We strive to maintain a place where our guests feel they can have an economical solution for their lodging needs , a clean environment and a good nights rest!

Kansas City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Checked in due to mechanical issues with truck. I was given a choice between Country Inn and Suites and this place. I went cheaper, but should not have. The night staff is awesome, but stay away from Hadley at the front desk (daytime staff), though. She throws your keys and receipt under the window. There were silver fish bugs under the bed covers. Disgusting.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dale,

I want to extend my most sincere apology for the experience you encountered while you were here with us. I promise we will talk to our Front Desk Clerk. I do appreciate your compliments about our evening shift! As a whole our entire Team with all six of our Family owned and operated Hotels are trained to treat each and every guest with the utmost respect and always with a smile!
I truly wish you would have called us at the front desk about the silverfish and we would have moved you to another room.I know that doesn't make it better for you now and I am so sorry that happened.

We stay at 80% occupancy with our consistent repeat Corporate accounts and we would like to be able and add your Company to our list ! We strive to have a place where our Guests feel that it is their "Home Away From Home"!

Please accept my most sincere apology.

Shawnee, KS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I went with a girlfriend to a KU basketball game. We didn't plan ahead and after our Designated Driver said it was time to go we went from hotel to hotel and finally ended up at this one. In the front of the building where we parked and got the room it seemed somewhat safe. But as we pulled around back where our room was located we soon realized we should have not gotten as drunk as we were. It was a bit late but the parkinglot was hopping with people I can only describe as questionable. Some were hanging out in front of thier room doors cussing and smoking 'cigars'. A guy came up to us and asked if we were "looking". We hurried to our room. the room wasn't too bad, a bit musty and the bedspreads seemed 'recycled'. We were too drunk to care. In the morning everything seemed much more safe. So, ya, its a warm bed but just be careful

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
DeeAnn,

I appreciate your review and your honesty about your feelings. The guests you saw were most likely our hard working fellows that have been staying with us due to their Companies contract work in town. I am sure they are harmless and were happy the weekend was finally here!
Our location in Kansas City, Kansas is always at an 80% occupancy and the majority of guests staying here are really hard working people who need an affordable place to call their "Home" while away from their own!
I apologize to you and your friend for any uncomfortable feelings you experienced while getting to your room. We do have 24 hour Security to make you feel safe and hope you will consider us again! Call us ahead of time and ask us to turn on the air in the room and for us get it fresh and ready for your visit!
I am glad you and your friend had a great night at the game!

Carol M

Been to American Inn? Share your experiences!