“Making a true effort to improve things” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oak Tree Inn Kansas City

You added Oak Tree Inn Kansas City to your Saves list
Oak Tree Inn Kansas City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Southwest Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66103 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Kansas City
Maryland
“Making a true effort to improve things”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

So I was hesitant about staying at this hotel after some of the reviews I read here. I was attending a party close by and did not want to drive anywhere afterwards and, since it was only for one night, I thought I would survive just fine.

But to my surprise, this little hotel ended up being very good! Check out was fast, staff was nice and helpful, hotel was clean (looked and smelled clean), room was quite, and the breakfast buffet was very well stocked. So maybe I went in on a good day, or my expectations were really low, but I really think the staff is making a true effort to change patrons perspective's about this place. Place is modest and towels could be softer but you know that going in. And I don't personally care so much about that when I'm just wanting to pay a lower rate for a night or two.

So I was pleasantly surprised and that's why I decided to write this review. If you're doubtful after reading all the bad reviews here, I say give this place a chance. I would definitely stay there again...oh and there's a really good Mexican Restaurant next door!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Oak Tree Inn in Kansas City for just one night while in town for a concert. I wasn't expecting much from the description when I booked it but I had no problems with this hotel. The only hitch I encountered was when I first arrived, I was checked into a room that had not been cleaned since the previous guest checked out. Thankfully the front-desk staff were more than apologetic and happy to move me to another room. Problem solved. I found the beds to be comfortable and the room was in good shape. I had a bit of a problem getting hot water in the shower at first but it warmed up after about a minute. The breakfast was more than I was expecting and I enjoyed it. Overall, if you're looking for a cheap, no frills stay while in Kansas City, the Oak Tree Inn doesn't disappoint.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

At first from the website honestly thought I would be staying at a decent place until I arrived on property I was greeted by a slender young lady who was not dress professional at all looked like she was dress to go hang with friends personal appearance was just poor altogether not impressed the whole staff seem to just be there for a paycheck no customer service skills the professionalism was highly poor to say the least, I intended to stay for a total of six days but decided to check out after one night, room quality was awful not at all up to par to even be a two star hotel would not recommend this place to anybody will never return again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Manhattan, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

Not the newest or fanciest in town, but decent for the price. If you're wanting to sleep, though, it's great. Their curtains and doors block ALL the sunlight. When the alarm went off, it was so dark I thought the clock was wrong. But it was broad daylight outside, even though dark as night inside. And for being on a major road, and fairly busy with guests, it was very quiet. Even their air conditioner is designed to run non-stop as a steady hum, instead of kicking on and off and on and off all night long. Staff was friendly and responsive to needs, too.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Champlin, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

Convenient to the interstates, Shuttle helped us get my daughter to an ER late at night. First room didn't lock and had wires coming out of the ceiling. Front desk tried to say they were all booked so we could just lock it from the inside if we don't leave ?? Finally they put us in a room they probably didn't book because of repairs needed. 2nd room ill furnished, the door barely opened and closed, bathroom had no amenities fridge didn't work. NASCAR weekend so we had no where to go. If it wasn't for the shuttle driver it would be a total thumbs down. Search elsewhere unless you're stuck with this as a last resort. The staff really doesn't care ( besides the shuttle guy ) and most places could easily be a lot better.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

I recently stayed there on my way from Minnesota to Texas. The place is clean, nice front desk staffs and most importantly right next to Sonic which is one my best place to eat. Its a good deal for a good price.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

Benefits: shuttle door to door to KU Med. Center, so no need to drive there & park. Nice to have breakfast included though not stellar (had to pour syrup for waffles from large jug). Breakfast staff who prepared food friendly. Downsides: creaky floors above me (heard walking at all hours)smells musty and smoky though non-smoking facility (I figure furniture, drapes & carpet are saturated when it was a smoking facility); room not cleaned on first day there with no reason why, pillows uncomfortable, didn't receive receipt without asking & didn't give me my AAA discount eventhough I presented my card at check in & departure ( I was credited after I inquired) and front desk just not friendly at all with exception of one who drove shuttle. Be sure to write down your confirmation # and person who took your reservation because they can't always find that you've registered.

Room Tip: If you aren't fussy (I am not)and seeking convenience when a family member is at KUMC, this is o...