“Worst place I have ever stayed!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Oak Tree Inn Kansas City

You added Oak Tree Inn Kansas City to your Saves list
Oak Tree Inn Kansas City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Southwest Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66103 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Kansas City
Wollongong, Australia
“Worst place I have ever stayed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My mother and I were booked in, and after a long wait with the desk assistant not being able to find out reservation we were finally granted our room. We were all settled for the night, until we realised that the toilet was clogged. We went to front desk and asked for a plunger, and after 45 minutes we still didn't have one. My mom then went back, they handed her the plunger and basically told her to deal with it herself.
We finally got a room change. It was a horrible night's sleep. And the breakfast was cold. Will NOT be staying here again!
For the extra 10$ a night, we should have staying at the Holiday Inn Express, just up the road!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Omaha, NE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I tried to stay at this hotel. When calling to book an extra day I was told that they didn't have my prepaid reservation through expedia. After 1 hour of research with me on hold, multiple calls from Expedia to the hotel, they finally found my reservation that the hotel had booked incorrectly for a month prior. Then, still trying to add a room, I was transferred again after being assured the room was avl for that night. After another 30 min on hold at Expedia, they can't get the room even though the hotel shows it available. While waiting for Expedia to call the hotel again (it's been 1 1/2 hours now.) Expedia disconnects my call. 1) never book a hotel via Expedia. 2) never stay at this hotel. My experience on the phone was enough for me to cancel the reservation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

This hotel took what was suppose to be a happy trip for me and turned it into a nightmare I got sick and still unwell the room was clean but smelled of smoke which made my sinus go off I had to get medication I called and asked the location of he hotel how close to Overland Park was it I was told no more 10 min maybe less I had a meeting to attend to on the 9th of April a very important meeting I could t get to it because it was over 1 hr and 1o min away my other meeting was 6th and 7 th the location was so far off no where to have dinner places I would not eat I had to eat at apple bees day after day. From. My hotel room you could hear loud bang of a noise that would wake me all hrs of the night I got very little sleep to top it off when I tried getting help from the front desk I was verbally and loudly spoken to by front desk staff her name is Sandra when I went to ask to speak to the manager I she would not get her I was shaking thank god a little while after Natalie came to front desk and tried helping me at once she was a sweetheart Kimberly the sale manger stepped in at once when she saw what was going on got me some water and tried to assist also being very clam and talking to me my blood pressure got so high I was bleeding from my nose by time I went back to the room I'm back in my country now but I would like my full refund from this hotel I was lied to abused and got sick due to stress. In all this mess I'm a good person and never forget kind people to Kimberly and Natalie I thank you for being at that hotel god knows I might have ended up in a hospital.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel I'm sorry but my experience there wasn't good I'm sorry if it...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Oak Tree Inn Kansas City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Oak Tree Inn Kansas City

Address: 501 Southwest Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66103 (Formerly Best Western)
Location: United States > Kansas > Kansas City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Kansas City
Hotel Class:2 star — Oak Tree Inn Kansas City 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Oak Tree Inn Kansas City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Kansas City Hotel Kansas City
Kansas City Best Western

If you own or manage Oak Tree Inn Kansas City, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.