We have stayed at the Chateau two times and were pleased with both stays. Each time we were there in January -- during the week -- so the hotel was not busy. Hence, we did not experience any noise. Last January, we stayed in the Renaissance Room and found it quite nice. This time we chose the Presidential Suite, which was also good, but came with a lot of wasted space. There was also a huge bookcase, with a hidden door to the bedroom which was unique. In fact, the journal writings in our room found this to be great.
Pros: Wonderful king-sized bed; chromotherapy jacuzzi tub; great location by The Legends; large TV; friendly and efficient staff at check-in and check-out; excellent shrimp appetizer and wine; and the in-room breakfast was very good and delivered right on time.
I will mention a few little concerns because the owner's letter asks for suggestions to improve each stay. While he does not consider this hotel to be a bed and breakfast, I don't know how else one would describe it. We have stayed in numerous B&B's across the country and for the price one pays at the Chateau, a few extra amenities would be appreciated for a luxurious time.
Cons: More mirrors -- there was only one mirror in the entire suite; a hair blow dryer would be nice; the bathroom had a lot of wasted space -- a small shower would be great instead of the shower head in the whirlpool tub. We are both tall and the shower head was at least 2 feet above our heads!! Very impractical. A suitcase stand would also be nice as well as a nice couch in that huge "library" room.
All in all, we really did have an excellent stay and will probably return. It is the most unique hotel in the Kansas Cit;y area and close to good shopping and dining.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Avalon Hotel Kansas City
- Chateau Avalon Kansas City
- Kansas City Chateau Avalon
- Chateau Avalon Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rated by AAA's Midwest Traveler Magazine in 2012 as the #2 Small or Boutique hotel in the Midwest, the Chateau Avalon is Kansas City's unique boutique escape. We offer suites that appeal to the escape oriented couple as well as the business traveler that seeks a high service and memorable hotel escape. Recently the hotel has added the d'Nile Wine Bar, an eclectic Egyptian concept bar with hand crafted cocktails and some of KC's best wines. In 2013 the hotel renovated a number of the Classic corporate suites to better serve the needs of our business clientele. With wifi and wired internet, new desks and executive chairs and study lamps the Chateau Avalon is now the best hotel in the West KC market for overnight business stays. Contact sales for discounted group rooms and corporate repeat guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Chateau Avalon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.