It's a great idea. The facility was nice, the location was nice, the setting was great. Our room was nice as well. We went down to the bar one evening and the bartender was great. We enjoyed drinks on the patio. All that was fine. However, the staff was surly at times, and I got the impression they were understaffed and overworked. Lack of uniforms for the staff gave a bad impression as well. Management decides what the attitude of staff will be, and they've decided poorly I think. Also, we were there for 2 nights and our room was never cleaned. With adequate staff and a friendly attitude, I might have given this place 5 stars. As it is, 3 stars seems a stretch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rated by AAA's Midwest Traveler Magazine in 2012 as the #2 Small or Boutique hotel in the Midwest, the Chateau Avalon is Kansas City's unique boutique escape. We offer suites that appeal to the escape oriented couple as well as the business traveler that seeks a high service and memorable hotel escape. Recently the hotel has added the d'Nile Wine Bar, an eclectic Egyptian concept bar with hand crafted cocktails and some of KC's best wines. In 2013 the hotel renovated a number of the Classic corporate suites to better serve the needs of our business clientele. With wifi and wired internet, new desks and executive chairs and study lamps the Chateau Avalon is now the best hotel in the West KC market for overnight business stays. Contact sales for discounted group rooms and corporate repeat guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Chateau Avalon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Avalon Hotel Kansas City
- Chateau Avalon Kansas City
- Kansas City Chateau Avalon