“Very enjoyable experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City, Kansas
“Very enjoyable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

This was a great way to spend the evening with someone who is very special and close by. It was my husbands birthday, The room was very comfortable, the tub was nice, we really enjoyed the luxury atmosphere.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

For my boyfriend's birthday I decided to surprise him with a night at the Chateau Avalon. I booked the Jesse James Escape. He was very surprised as he did not know this hotel had the "theme" rooms. We loved the room. It was cozy & had a lot of character to it.
The Jacuzzi tub was so relaxing. This room also had a separate walk in shower which we liked and the bed was comfy.
Robes are provided & a Complimentary bottle of Apple Cider is put in the room if requested.
There are several romantic pkgs you can purchase. I purchased one with just the right touch for us & everything was all set up when we got there.
Breakfast in the morning came on time & the food was good.
I had read reviews on the walls being "thin" and yes you can hear water draining from tubs every so often but it doesn't last long. That was the only noise we heard. We were on the first floor which could explain that.
If you live in the area I would suggest touring the rooms before making a decision. I did and it was hard to decided. Reserving a room at least 21 days prior is less costly too.
Our experience there was awesome and we plan to go back again. The money spent was well worth it to us.
I hope if you decided to stay there, that you have an awesome experience too!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Hiawatha, ks
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

We never even got to the point of staying here because the woman who answered the phone at the time of our reservation was so rude and actually HUNG UP on us! There is NO WAY we would stay now knowing how they 'take care of' their upcoming guests! I only wish I could talk to the 'owner' of this establishment, but don't know how to do that so am using EVERY avenue possible to let people know this is the rudest bunch of people I have had the displeasure of talking with! There is NO WAY I would spend a cent staying here! If they treat us like this now, just think how it would be if we were actually staying there! Word to the wise, read ALL the reviews before booking at this place!

Room Tip: Word to the wise, read ALL the reviews before booking at this place!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
ChateauAvalonHotel, Director of Sales at Chateau Avalon, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. I am saddened to hear that you feel this way regarding our hotel. I assure you that our front desk ambassadors are trained to treat our customers and guests with the utmost amount of courtesy and respect.
Unfortunately, in situations such as these, I cannot fault my front desk clerk for ending the phone call the way she did. I was witness to the profanity that was being communicated to her through the other end of the phone. While we demand respect to be shown to our guests, we expect a certain degree of respect to be shown to our employees as well.
I understand there was some confusion regarding online reservations and deposits. We do require a 50% deposit to guarantee each stay at the time of making the reservation. This information is included on the website before any transaction occurs. We were happy to cancel your reservation and refund your deposit as soon as you called. Again, we are sorry for any confusion you experienced, however, we are grateful for the opportunity TripAdvisor allows us to respond.

Chateau Avalon Hotel Management
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I am about to return to work after having a baby 8 weeks ago and my husband has been busy starting a new business. I knew that this would be our last chance for a while to get away and enjoy a romantic night together. Customer service was awesome. Every question or request that we had was quickly addressed. The breakfast was ok. The jacuzzi was awesome though. The only problem that we had was that the lady did not warn me that the price of the room might increase when I called to check on price and availability. When I called back days later, it was more. They explained that the more rooms are booked, the higher the price...so jump on a room early!

Room Tip: Book a room early to get a cheaper price
Burrton, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

My husband and I have been together 20 years, and this is the first time I have truely surprised him. I made reservations for our special anniversary, and wisked him off to KC. We stayed in the Tuscany suite and loved it. I can think of several things that would make the room better, but then again, it's really not about the room at that point. We had a wonderfully romantic evening, that as the parents of a young daughter, we rarely get. I added the romance package, for champagne, strawberries and mood lighting. It was a wonderful time! Lots of great shopping and eating at Legends, just down the road. Would do it again!!

Saint Joseph, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

We stayed at the Chateau on a Oct 4th for a small getaway. Room was nice, and walking around to see all the other themed rooms was fun. The hotel is non smoking but just a night wasn't such a big deal, and there seating areas outside. Breakfast brought to the room was good, and overall we had a great time walking the grounds.

Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Thoroughly enjoyed everything about Chateau Avalon! Since I ran a 15K the next day, I especially enjoyed the cinnamon rolls and jacuzzi after the race. It is a great place for a get-away even if you live in the area. Shopping at The Legends after was also a plus.

Room Tip: The theme rooms are fun and the jacuzzi in every room is the best!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Chateau Avalon? Share your experiences!