“Nice motel and room....except for the kids bedroom with an unlocked window!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Kansas City / Village West

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Kansas City
Springville, IA
“Nice motel and room....except for the kids bedroom with an unlocked window!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed here on our last night in Kansas City. We had the family suite on the 3rd floor and was very impressed with it...until our grandson yelled for me to come
look out the window in their bunk-bed room.......the window that he opened and could've fallen out of because there was no balcony or anything but open space...nothing......scared me to death.......so that pretty much shot our relaxing in that room....I could not believe it wasn't locked
up tight so no kids could even think of opening it....unreal.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Pete F, Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City / Village West, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for the feedback, I will pass it along to the staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
York, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Upon check in, I was told that I was not able to pay cash. So not what I have experienced in other hotels. When we got to our room, we noticed the shower was dirty and there was mold on the shower curtain. No big deal, people miss things all the time. When I checked my credit card, I noticed 2 different charges on my card. I went to the front desk to inquire about it and was told it was for incidentals and that it would drop off. OK no big deal. When I mentioned the mold on the shower curtain, the front desk attendant acted like it was no big deal. Very disappointed and will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Pete F, Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City / Village West, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
please call the property to discuss your stay.
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Very pleasant stay with an amazing staff. Ryan checked us in and was great to us! The breakfast in the morning was very good along with great staff for that as well. This was my second time staying here and I most definitely will be back.

• Stayed July 2014
Pete F, Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City / Village West, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and comments concerning Ryan which I will be sure to share with him. We hope to see you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

This is an up to date Hampton, with a nice breakfast bar, pool, and spacious rooms. It is 20 minutes from downtown, close to the track, shopping and lots of chain restaurants. The main drawback is inconsistent employee training. For instance, there was a used coffee filter in my coffee maker, and no cups in the bathroom (I eventually found them next to the ice bucket on the desk). I overheard housekeepers complaining about disorganized carts, so they weren't able to properly stock rooms. Meanwhile, I was woken up at 2:15 am by a noisy set of guests that I could hear come in the front door, talk down the corridor and inside their rooms. Shouldn't the desk clerk have asked them to keep it down when they came in? I'm not sure I would go back, given the distance from downtown KC and other Hamptons nearby.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your feedback, I will be sharing your concerns with our staff so that we can work to improve our service.
Pleasant Hill, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed in the family suite (301) and my 7 & 10 year old loved it. Think of the Majestic Bear rooms at Great Wolf Lodge and this is the wilderness motif you get. The kids had their own sleeping area – bunk bed, TV, and desk areas with rocking chairs. This room has ample kitchen area with a full refrigerator too. Usual Hilton quality of a newer hotel. Very clean. The hallways were nice and cool for a July stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the suite, we hope you come back to enjoy it again.
South St. Paul, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Located next to the motor speedway, and near the water park, and convenient to restaurants and shopping... overall a nice experience for my daughter and I. This was out second Hampton Inn stay during our trip - and both were nice. Ours was a Sunday night stay, so quiet was kind of a given, but very clean and well kept property.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Pete F, Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City / Village West, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
I am glad you and your daughter enjoyed your stay and liked the area, we hope to see you again soon.
Navarre, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Excellent hotel for staying near/around the KS Speedway! Pool is good sized. Fitness room is small, but provides for 1 or 2 persons. Breakfast daily is good. Extremely helfpul staff and numerous restaurants, movie theaters, and shopping close by. Good value for your money. Easy on/off to 435 and just far enough away to not be affected during Sporting (soccer) or T-Bones (Baseball) games, but walking distance to both.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Pete F, Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City / Village West, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the area, we hope to see you again soon.