“We Love This Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 19 hotels in Kansas City
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“We Love This Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

For 2 years in a row we have stopped in Kansas City on our way from Colorado to Arkansas. This hotel is such a great, safe place to stay. There are restaurants all around the place, it's less than 10 minutes from Schlitterbahn, and 2 minutes drive time to Target. The rooms are clean, the pool is clean, and the breakfast is great. They have cookies in the afternoon which is a great hit with the kids! We will be back again this year.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Owasso, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

My family just came back from a trip to Kansas City. We stayed at this hotel because of its location to the Legends shopping center and other local attractions. Because there was a race at the Speedway that weekend, the price of the room for the second night was going to double. When I called the hotel directly, they gave me the same, low rate for both nights. There are tons of eating places within a couple of minutes within every price range. The hotel room was clean and nice. Plenty of room for the 5 of us with a roll away bed. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good. My kids had plenty to eat. There was a woman working in the eating area during the busiest time of day making for sure the food was stocked and the tables were clean. She did a great job and was very helpful with all the kids that were fixing their own breakfast. After we got home and began to unpack, I noticed we were missing our hang up clothing. I called the hotel right away. They had found our clothing and put them in a closet downstairs. They shipped them to us the next day. The staff was very helpful, and all of our clothing arrived within a few days. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

Arriving, the receptionist was extremely curteous. Our room was perfect. Even for a smoking room. No smoke smell hardly at all. We picked the hotel because it mirrored it's design scheme from Cabela's across the street. Breakfast was just what you'd expect from the Hampton; delicious. Indoor pool was very clean and inviting.

The only problem we had with our stay, was some late night arrivals next door and across the hall. They were obnoxiously loud and rude, running up and down the halls, laughing at all hours and talking very loudly. We didn't sleep much because of this, but when we told the receptionist as we were checking out, she gave us comp tickets to the Renaissance Festival! I never expected a hotel to do that for us, especially when they weren't the cause of our problem.

Bottom line: Highly recommended. Excellent service, cleanliness, and they treat you VERY WELL!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

We enjoyed our stay quite a lot. The staff was friendly, and the room clean. Location was nice for doing shopping. Would reccommend.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

We stayed in the Hampton Inn at Village West last night. It was clean and met all of all of our requirements - - the only problem we encountered was howling wind. I don't know if it was the direction of the wind (NW), the speed (not that windy by Kansas standards) or the construction of the building but I've never experienced anything like it. With my earplugs I was able to get a reasonably good night's sleep but I would have been distressed without them. The wind HOWLED all night long. I would probably try the hotel again if I was in the area (mainly to satisfy my curiosity) but pack earplugs just in case.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights in September 2009. We loved that the hotel was so close to The Legends, NFM, Cabela's and many restaurants. We traveled with our infant son and had a great time. Our only minor problem was the "portable crib" they brought up to our room was a worn pack and play that did not have a sheet and the crib sheet that I had packed did not fit. Thus, our son slept in our bed with us and not in the dirty pack and play. That was seriously the only downfall to our stay. The pool was nice and had plenty of towels. The breakfast had something for everyone and was kept well stocked. LOVED the fridge and microwave in the room. Great staff--a girl at the front desk helped my husband locate paper plates which we were very grateful for. Overall----a very nice hotel for a stay in the Village West area!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

The ONLY good thing about this hotel is the location near the outlet shops. Our whole floor reaked of cigarette smoke and we are not smokers. We tried several times to reach the front desk with no answer. There were no towels at the pool and when I walked to the front desk to try to find someone there was no one there! Even after I yelled for someone and looked all over, still no one. I will never stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Kansas City / Village West? Share your experiences!