“What a waste of money!” 2 of 5 stars

Great Wolf Lodge
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   10401 Cabela Drive, Kansas City, KS 66111   |
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Kansas City
A TripAdvisor Member
“What a waste of money!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2004

There are too many things for me to list them all, so I'll write a few. The light in the bathroom is so dim it may as well not be there at all, everything was extremely overpriced, it is hard to find privacy to get changed into your swimming suit, 4:00 check-in, etc......

• Stayed December 2004

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2004

We checked into the Lodge 10-30-04. From the initial phone call to make the reservations, to checking out 11-01-04, the staff were nothing less than professional, pleasant, and eager to make our stay one of the most memorable. They had a trick or treat trail, a "Lodge version of Wizard of OZ" and gift/treat bags for the kids that beat anything I've ever seen. Our children, 5,6,and 13 had a great time. The waterpark is adaptable to all ages. The food was great and so were our servers. I don't feel like the price is high at all considering you have your choice of an awesome room, entertainment and you feel like you are truly being taken care of.
It is so worth it when it's all under one roof.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2004

Great wolfe lodge is an exciting fun filled place to bring your children. The prices are a little high but it's definately a great experience for all ages.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2004

My husband and I went for our anniverssary night. The check-in wasn't until 4pm. We asked to get in earlier but we couldn't even though the hotel was practically empty. When we did get our room it was very dirty. The bathroom had not been cleaned. The floor was not vaccumed. There was food and even jewelry on the floor. It looked like only the sheets and towels had been changed. I thought it would be full of nature but everything was plastic. There were no plants or trees around the pool outside. That night the music at the pool was blaring and we finally had to call the desk to turn it off at 2am. I think this was a mistake but I'm not sure.

We had fun in the water park but did not get to use the outside pool during the day because we didn't get to check-in until 4pm and the pool didn't open before checkout time the next day at 11am. To get our value out of the cost of the room we went and got our two-year-old to play at the waterpark. There was not much he could do yet and some of the water features were too much for him. But he enjoyed himself. I would not go back again.

• Stayed September 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2004

This was our first time going to the Great Wolf Lodge. It was so nice. Our kids loved the water slides and the Arcade. You could just stay right there because there was something for them to do all the time. The rooms were very nice to. Very cozy. GREAT PLACE!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2004

My parents suprised me on Christmas with a resveration to go to the Great Wolfe Lodge. We spent Christmas Day there. I was impressed with everything and hope to soon go back. It wasn't crowded, very well managed. The rooms were comfortable and I loved the atmosphere!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2004

This place is great. Busy yes but not a bad wait for the slides. The outside pool is shallow which is great for my younger one. We stayed in the Wolf Den room and it was worth the few extra bucks. They have a VCR / TV in the den. A few movies available at the front desk, my also want to bring your own. Great food at the restaurant too! Definitely would return and highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!