“Great property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Kansas City
Lake Ridge, Virginia
“Great property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a really nice property. They staff was exceptionally friendly. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. the breakfast was typical far, but good. The only drawback is there are no restaurants in the area. I also did not feel comfortable outside after dark. It seems as if this is a transient area or one that is going through revitalization.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lancaster, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were in town during the NASCAR weekend. The rooms are dated & are in need of updating but our rooms were cleaned very well every day (stayed 3 nights). Had trouble with the inroom temp control but as the temp outside was 50-60 we just turned it off & in room temp was fine. The hotel staff was very friendly & accomadting with directions with where we wanted to go. Our only big disappointment was there was nothing to do within walking distance of the hotel. Downtown KC, Missouri was only about 10 minutes driving time, so not so bad if traffic is ok. No free breakfast. Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was in town to visit a friend and couldn't get a room at the Marriott (which I work for in Indy). It was race weekend and no discounts. But stepping into the hotel I was greeted by Delores and Tammy with smiles. Tammy checked me in promply and sent me off to my 2nd floor rm. not before Delores telling me which would be the best pick for dinner Kansas City Bar- B- Q would be her first choice. Which was Gates! I loved it too!!!!

The staff made sure I was having a good time and was seeing what I needed to see in their city!

The only complaint I have was housekeeping. When she knocked on the door we told her come back in 30min because we were leaving..We were out most of the day and when we got back the room hadn't been touched..nothing like walking into a dirty hotel room... I was so disappointed! Then we left for dinner to give her a chance to clean it .Went to Gates...we came back and still not done...so we went to find her and then have her clean it. I was livid!!! A damper on the stay BIG TIME..

Overall, I enjoyed my time in the city...As far as the Hotel- Delores and Tammy made up for housekeeping in smiles....Thanks Ladies!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel while we were in town for the American Royal BBQ and the staff was wonderful. I called to get early check-in and the lady that helped me was so friendly and made sure everything was taken care of. We had a room on the top floor which was nice and quiet. We also got the breakfast package with our room and it was well worth it. This was the second time I have stayed at this hotel and I am sure it will not be the last. Thank you Hilton Garden for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
NE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel has not been remodeled since the 1990s...hence the box t.v.s and the wallpaper. It's also in a not so hot neighborhood and you have to parking is only available in a parking garage...albeit well lit. The staff, great/quiet night sleep, and delicious breakfast (included with my gold HH status) is the only reason I gave this hotel 3 stars, but come with no expectations of a new, or updated room. About 10 minutes from downtown KCMO.

Room Tip: upper level floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on the way through town with my family of 5. Check in was a breeze and the staff were friendly. Rooms, lobby, pool, etc all are in need of renovations, which I expected from previous reviews. However, with the low redemption point level I still felt like this was a better value than other options for what I needed. No complaints. I would stay here again if I was traveling back through the area.

• Stayed October 2012
Bentonville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Nice Hotel, close to sprint center and power and light. It was a $11 cab to & from sprint center. I only have one complaint that you could hear any noise anyone made. Other than that it was worth the price!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City? Share your experiences!