“Nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 19 hotels in Kansas City
Portland, Oregon
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We had a car, and we were looking for an inexpensive hotel somewhat close to downtown KC, MO. Downtown KC, Kansas doesn't seem to have much going for it, but our location seemed safe enough. And it was easy to get in and out of the hotel and go sight-seeing.

Our non-smoking king room was on the back side, looking at the parking garage. As a result, it was very quiet even with the window open. Parking was free. The room was over-perfumed when we arrived, but opening window helped reduce the odor. The bedding had been cleaned with unscented products, which was nice.

There was a pitiful analog TV that produced a mediocre picture. The senior room rate did not include breakfast (there was an ad about their cooked breakfast on the reservation, but I hadn't noticed it didn't say free or complimentary when I booked), so we did not try the restaurant. The bed had a very heavy comforter for summer, and there was no blanket in the room; the front desk got one for me when I asked. Wireless Internet got one bar in our upstairs end room, but I got strong connection with my laptop plugged into the CAT5 outlet.

Nowhere in the room were there instructions for the Garden Sleep System adjustable bed, so I did not know we had it (I had never stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn). The first night I had a miserably soft bed and slept poorly. The next day, I saw the instructions in one of the elevators. Sure enough, the control was hidden behind a flap on the mattress where you need a light to see it, and it was set to soft. The firm setting worked wonders for me and made my remaining stay very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
san diego, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We enjoyed one night of superb service in this well laid out and immaculate this hotel. Comfortable beds and quiet rooms, good recipe for a great sleep. The staff were extremely helpful and welcoming. There is a sweet touch of delicious snacks on the front counter. An excellent business centre to catch up on some work.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

My fiancee & I decided to stay here because of our Hilton honors membership and It was a pretty cool hotel. Staff was nice upon check in and even tho we really spent literally no time in the room I was pretty satisfied with it until Saturday when we went to have breakfast at the slightly overpriced buffet (which wasn't that great) there was a nude woman eating who I don't believe was a guest and they had to call the cops. Now maybe that has something to do with the downtown location. Idk. Rest of our weekend went off smoothly until checkout &I accidentally left A bag a recent purchases which I didn't discover until I was back home well LONG story short after a lot of calls to the hotel and a few calls to Hilton guest services they mailed me my belongings. Outside of that we had a decent stay. Just make sure you don't leave anything behind! ! And shout out to Bridgette @front desk!

• Stayed May 2012
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I last stayed at his HGI in 2008 while traveling on business in the Kansas City Metro and had a pleasant and quiet stay. And, for this reason, and, importantly, that it is very easy to get to when navigating the highways here, I returned for two days/nights.

Staff are very friendly and courteous as before! They do serve a good spread for breakfast from cold to hot and fresh cooked and a limited, but tasty, menu for dinner; nothing gourmet but good. Should I pass this way again I will stop and stay the night or two.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I was in Kansas City for the Visalus National Success Training at the downtown Convention Center this past weekend and because this event attracted 15,000 people into the city, we couldn't find a room near the venue. So we booked this hotel.

And it was really great!

The staff were so accommodating, always pleasant, laughing, engaging and professional. The rooms were clean - average rooms (as in not fancy but clean and very comfortable). We had two double beds and everything was clean, comfortable. The room came with a small fridge, coffee maker & microwave. Free Wifi. The in-hotel restaurant food was good and affordable. And free parking.

I would not hesitate to stay there again.
I had no problems at check out. My bills was as indicated at the time of booking. No surprises.
There are plenty of close amenities for all your necessities as well.

To the Staff at the Hilton Garden Inn: Thank you for making our stay at your hotel a great one!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Being in a business that utilizes hotels often for business purposes, not just for myself but often times for business associates.
The HGI in KCK has some of the friendliest staff I know. This emulates from the sales staff, front desk staff, and house keeping. Even the restaurant staff is on line with the goals established by the hotel manager.
We have had the honor to work with the HGI over the last several years, and have never been disappointed.
Another plus is it's central local to everything that is going on in both the Missouri side and the Kansas side.
the culmination of a great staff, comfortable rooms, and attention to detail puts the Hilton Garden Inn in Kansas City Kansas at the top of my list.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012 via mobile

The 80s are calling and they want their hotel back. Seriously. The tv is old and outdated. The room is just your basic room. Location is easy to get to. Nice bathroom...otherwise just ok. Restaurant was not impressive, too many great restaurants downtown to eat at this hotel. I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City? Share your experiences!