“A nice, inexpensive hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Days Inn Kansas Speedway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7721 Elizabeth Avenue, Kansas City, KS 66112   |
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Kansas City
Atkinson, Nebraska
“A nice, inexpensive hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

After checking out of a hotel in Kansas City, MO, and getting lost for 2 hours, this is where we ended up. It was 1 am when we arrived and the front desk clerk was very kind. She gave us the military discount, which made the room pretty cheap. The room itself was very nice! The beds were very comfy, or maybe it was just the fact that it was 1 am in the morning... Free wifi worked great in the room. The front desk clerk called to say we had left the lights on in our car, but it turns out it wasn't our car. But still it made me feel better that they do actually have security walking around in the parking lot. I would definitely reccommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Kansas City. It is very near Nebraska Furniture Mart, Cabela's, and Great Wolf Lodge.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Adrian, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

Days Inn Kansas Speedway was a good, basic hotel. The rooms were a decent size and we were pleasantly surprised that our room had a microwave and refrigerator; always handy when traveling with kids. The beds were okay. A little hard for my taste, but that is a personal preferance. Our room was very clean and smelled fine. No lingering weird odors. The only problem we incurred was that housekeeping kept parking their carts either right in front of our room door or right beside it and the vacuum would hang over our doorway. This happened when we checked in and then the next morning when we were going down for breakfast. They were friendly and would move the cart and then roll it back after we would exit. Check in & check out was simple and fast. The pool was pretty chilly for an indoor pool, but the kids didn't care. The hot tub was fine. Breakfast was very basic with pastries, cereal, toast & bagels. Fruit consisted of either an apple or banana. If you are in the area and looking for the basics and nothing fancy, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

I was a little worried after reading the reviews - but wow - this place is not that bad! We were in Room 319 and were very pleased. This was a former Microtel and the rooms are spacious and the bathroom is larger. The room was fresh and clean. The parking was brightly lighted and security with vid cams and security guard were on even on a weekday. The hotel is in an excellent location off I-70 and close to KS Speedway and waterparks. Kansas City isn't the most exciting place... but this hotel is good for an overnight.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

The place was ok. On a positive note, the rooms are big and the beds are comfortable and it was clean. However, lots of maintenance issues-elevator not working, shower wouldn't drain, loose tiles in bathroom, keys wouldn't work. The pool is really small-looks more like a big hottub. If you're going to the Speedway or to a KC Wizards game, the location is great and worth a stay if you're just looking for a place to lie your head down. This is all our group needed and I would stay there again. Plus the price was right. just don't expect much.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

Last week I had a short business trip In Kansas City Kansas. I knew there was a storm moving in that afternoon, however, it was to be a short meeting so I didn't make any arrrangements to stay overnight. When my meeting ran over I was forced to get a room for the night.
My sister uses Expedia and decided to make the reservation for me ( I do not carry credit cards on short trips- to easy to overspend) . When I arrived to already paid for motel room, I was told that since there might be overages and I did not have a credit card with me, I could not stay. So I drove 3 hours home in a snow/icestorm.
Expedia called this motel to get a refund and they refused. Do not stay in this motel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

We booked for a total of three nights at this hotel using our Wyndham Rewards points and couldn't be happier. Check-in process was smooth, staff was friendly and the hotel common areas are clean and well kept. The room itself was excellent. Carpets were in great condition and the bathroom was updated with plenty of supplies readily available. The TV reception wasn't great, but it was enough for us to watch the daily news (we don't watch much TV anyway). Although the hotel was located near the Interstate highway, we didn't hear any traffic noise and got good sleep each night.Overall, we were extremely impressed with this hotel and will definitely choose to stay here again the next time we travel to Kansas City.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Moscow Mills, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

Stayed there with Wife and granddaughter and we were very pleased. Room was clean and nicely appointed. I didn't swim, but Granma and granddaughter did and enjoyed themselves. Wasa great value for the money!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Kansas Speedway? Share your experiences!