“Service stinks” 2 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7721 Elizabeth Avenue, Kansas City, KS 66112   |
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Kansas City
“Service stinks”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Rooms are clean and beds were nice but the staff needs work. When we checked in the woman at the front desk seemed put out by the fact we had a dog with us even though they show as pet friendly. She is a pug and we got the impression that if she had a larger dog they would have not allowed her to stay. After check in no receipt or other paperwork was given to us. We had checked in semi early (around 5:30) and left to drive around and see a few things. When we got back (around 8:30) neither room key worked so we had to go back down to the front desk. When we explained that our keys would not let us in we were asked "how many nights were we staying?" And that appeared to be the info they needed to reset our keys for some reason. Our night was not complete because the front desk called our room at 10:30 to come down and sign our registration paperwork because all they had us sign earlier was the pet info sheet. We were again advised that they would be charging us a pet fee even though there was already a pending charge for or stay, we'll see if there end up being multiple pet charges. Oh, I hope you don't just assume when you see a sign that says "Vending/ice machine" that you will have both of those things. It appears it was an either/or and you had better have wanted the ice machine because that was the only thing in that room on your floor. Overall not that great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
LARHotels_GuestServ, Manager at Days Inn Kansas Speedway, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
I regret to read that you found this experience to be so unsatisfactory due to issues which should have been promptly attended to. I want to apologize for the fact that you encountered resistance and that you felt insulted by the inappropriate comment of the staff member. I want to assure you that we do not stand for threats or insults in any form to or from our guests, staff or management. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention so that we can make sure no future guest experiences the same inconvenience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kearney, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I work under the Wyndham branch, which this particular is under as well, and I can honestly say that I do not have a positive comment to leave. I was rather disappointed with this hotel.

We were given a room on the third floor, which is no big deal at all, however, the elevator was very slow. When we stepped off the elevator onto our floor, walking down the hallway, the floor was very creaky and almost felt sunken in. Arriving at our room, we open the door to find a very small room for 4 people. The TV was a giant box TV probably from the 90's, and it was hooked up with a HD receiver. Anybody with common sense knows that the two will not be compatible. There were very few outlets in the room, and two of the outlets were broken. People who had stayed previously before us had stuck some sort of plug-ins into the outlet and broke off the prong of whatever was plugged in the outlet. The bathroom was absolutely pitiful. The tiles on the floor were very loose and broken, especially the ones in front of the sink. They were in a spot that you couldn't avoid standing on. As I mentioned before, we had 4 of us in the room, well there was only 2 towels in the room. I went down to the front desk to get more, that way we each had our own towel. I waited at the desk for nearly 10 minutes to find nobody in sight. I could slightly hear a woman laughing in the back office, turns out she was talking on the phone. She peaked around the corner and told whoever she was talking on to, to hold on a minute, then proceeded to say "What do you want?" I told her that we needed 2 extra towels, because we didn't have enough. She rolls her eyes at me looks back around the corner and says that they don't have any extras. You better believe I found the nearest walmart so that I could have a towel to take a shower.

Honestly, this has been the worst hotel that I've ever stayed at. I work at a Wyndham property, I know their standards, and this hotel definitely was not up to par.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
LARHotels_GuestServ, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Kansas Speedway, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We hope that you will accept our sincerest apologies for the substandard accommodations and amenities that you experienced. I want you to know that we take comments like this very seriously and that we are addressing and investigating each point with our staff and management. Hopefully you will return someday to experience our improvements.

Been to Days Inn Kansas Speedway? Share your experiences!