“Great Stay for SD family” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Kansas City
Yankton, SD
“Great Stay for SD family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at this BW for a family get together over Thanksgiving. We arrived on Thanksgiving day and were able to check in early, which made the rest of our day so smooth and nice. The rooms were fantastic, clean and comfy. The staff was exceptionally helpful all around from housekeeping to general manager. The pool was fabulous, actually warm!!! We had a great time swimming with our kids without them and us freezing, my husband jumped in and said "now this is what a heated pool should feel like!" The only negative about our stay is that I'm afraid when the word gets out about this property it will be full and we won't be able to get a room at all. We also got a great military rate which was MUCH appreciated by our family!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
V
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

We had not made reservations ahead and were pleased to find this hotel. It was new, the people were very nice and helpful. The room was great and the bed comfy. We appreciated the newness and that it was a smoke free hotel.

I would chose this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Canandaigua, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We have not seen hotel like that . It was a BIG WOW.....! We normally visit KC Legends once a month for family vacation. We have stayed in all the hotels near legends, but this one by far is the best in location,amenities,services and friendly staff. Rooms have in room water bottled system, big 43 inch TV's, Bath & Body works amenities in bathrooms. Pool with slide. Kids had a blast. Wife had massage at thier spa services. And had good time in the bar- lounge they have. Thank you Best Western KC Speedway.

Room Tip: Front side rooms face Livestrong Soccer Stadium & Nebraska Furniture Mart. Back Side rooms face...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed at this hotel to attend a Crew v. Sporting soccer game at Livestrong Sporting Stadium. Friendly staff, great room, beds. It was so close to the stadium that you couldn’t get a good view of it from the room. Defiantly my hotel of choice for my next away trip to KC.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed here on 9/17/11 while visiting Kansas City to attend the kick-off of the USA Women's Soccer Team's celebration tour (I'll review Livestrong Stadium next). First the good! The property is directly across from the stadium. No need to find parking, ride a shuttle, etc. The road is easy to cross with kids. Very new property. Beautiful decor. Front desk staff on the whole were friendly. Kudos to front desk clerk, Emily, who checked us in. Very friendly. The area is in The Legends. Huge outlet shops and eateries. We felt very safe even late at night after the game walking around. The pool area in the hotel is beautiful with relaxing colors, etc. Hot breakfast the next day was good. Now for the bad-we are ready to hit the beds as we are all tired from a day of traveling and sporting events. To my dismay-there are numerous hairs in the bedding. Long hairs, short hairs, etc. AND, not just in the one bed but also in the 2nd bed! This is just not acceptable to me. I called the front desk and a different clerk immediately brought fresh bedding to us. We had to strip the beds and replace the linens ourselves as no housekeeping is kept on staff at night. A discount of $30.00 was applied to our rate as compensation. That still doesn't make me comfortable though. The bedding to me is the hugest issue in choosing a hotel. The only other negative on this stay was the slide to the pool was not working and wouldn't be fixed for 3 days they said. The kids were sad. Part of my decision for not staying at The Great Wolf was that this property did have the one slide. All in all, I may choose this property again for our next return visit or I may try The Great Wolf. I'm still on the fence on that.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Derby, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Just buy accident I found this gem of a Hotel through a google search. We were looking for a hotel close to the Kansas Speed way. Because we were attending the Good Guys Midwest Nationals car show this week end - and decided to look for accommodations late most hotels were full in the area. Because this is a "NEW" hotel most of the attendees (2000+ cars/5000 people) were not aware that this hotel existed. Our dumb luck!

I would normally steer far away from a Best Western. I guess I have always thought "if" it was a Best Western then the hotel would not meet my expectations. NOT here! This hotel is fresh/clean/ attractive/and friendly/A+++.

The rooms are spacious. Well equipped. The TV is a 50" plasma, it has a nice pool, a friendly bar, a great "all included" full breakfast, and a friendly staff. The bed was comfy, the air conditioner cooled the room to a pleasant 69 degrees and the bar served killer Margaritas.

The hotel is with in 1/4 mile of the best mall (Legends) and a dozen nice restaurants. Looking for a nice/fun restaurant try the "YARD" the food was very good, the prices were reasonable and the service was excellent. ( A couple can have a couple of glasses of wine/meal/desert for $75.00) The place is busy so try call ahead seating - up to an hour ahead and you will not have to wait for a table. This is a popular restaurant. If you choose NOT to dine at the Yard - there are a dozen chooses close by.

We have already booked our room for the Good Guys car show September 2012 at this hotel. We all were very happy with the accommodations.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Topanga, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

This is a brand new hotel and not only does it still have holes in the plaster around the electric sockets, and the baseboards are coming unglued, but they have a serious security problem. I made the mistake of leaving my iPad in the room and it was stolen. The management was not very helpful in trying to locate my stolen item. My room on the second floor was very loud in the evening as you could hear people in the lobby bar at 11:30 at night. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER KC Speedway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!