“Military & Pet Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Junction City
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Military & Pet Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

If you are looking for a relaxing alternative to the college atmosphere in Manhattan, KS, the Courtyard by Marriott Junction City is a very good choice. Located in a large road stop area, there are plenty of food options and mega-mart shopping choices including all the popular fast-food brands as well as regional and local options, all within walking distance. You won't receive a free breakfast as with many hotels, but you will experience an unusually relaxing environment with a well manicured ambiance. The hotel is pet friendly and charges a nominal $75 fee at the time of this writing for your pet's stay. A large, gated park at the rear of the hotel grounds provides plenty of room for kids and pets to play. Amenities include an all-season pool, hot tub, lounge area, business center with free Internet access and printing, and small buffet restaurant serving breakfast with chef prepared eggs made to order seven days a week (breakfast is $7.95, all inclusive, at the time of this writing). Internet access is free in rooms, lounge area, and business center. The staff is friendly and attentive, always remembering what room you are in without having to ask.

If you are traveling for official government business, book your stay early to ensure the government travel rate is available. Most hotel brands, including Marriott, limit the number of rooms available below the standard rate.

Room Tip: Rooms at the far corners provide access to convenient parking.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
temecula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I stayed her for 6 nights while visiting my son who is at Fort Riley. The hotel is nice and clean.
The rooms feel comfortable and new. You have a fridge in the room and coffee. I always feel very safe here. The staff is always nice and helpful. It's a great place to stay in Junction City.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Junction City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

It was an awful experience. I changed hotels the customer service was completely awful. I had traveled for 15 and half hours with my small dog. I was not there 14 hours and the staff was calling saying my dog was barking. There was no other customers around me. The hotel was empty. I now know why. I tried to get the desk clerk to fax something for me. He made me wait around. He said it did not go through. I really do not think he even tried. The General Manager, Mike Hettinger, is a complete idiot. The Manager and I use the term lightly said the housekeeping staff would not come in the room with the dog in the room. He did not ask if we can get you anything. I called the front desk for fresh towels; their response was housekeeping is not here; I will write a note. I had to call a couple of times to get towels. It is suppose to be a pet friendly hotel it definitely is not. I will be here for 6 months; I am so glad I changed hotels. Great customer service is so important. The coffee in the room was digusting. The garbage cans going into the hotel was overflowing and not emptied for days.

Room Tip: Do not waste your time!!! The staff is horrible.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
mikehettinger, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Junction City, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
per company policies and procedures, this guest signed a "pet agreement" upon entering hotel which stated our housekeeping dept would not access room with pet free and unpenned. GM had to call guest Florida office and report this to the manager there, that manager (Mary) agreed and said she would talk to the guest. The guest continually verbally ridiculed our staff. We had to bring in our Pest Control company to 'treat" the room after GM asked guest to make other arrangements. In regards to cleanliness, this hotel has accepted many awards for cleanliness...the garbage that is referred to, was a garbage can knocked over by 25 mile winds outside our NW entrance which was cleaned up when notified. GM contacted Marriott Customer Care re: this guest for future reference.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed with extended family at this hotel. The common areas were great for gathering before going out. The pool was nice, the rooms were large and clean.
The breakfast was outstanding. I believe the one woman down there is named Mizzie. She was wonderful. She made it feel like we were staying at a B&B rather than a chain hotel. Overall we were extremely satisfied, and would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stayed here with my girlfriend and our two kids in a 2 Queen room while driving from Missouri to Colorado. We were exhausted and looking forward to a good night's sleep and that's exactly what we got.

The front desk staff was nice and helpful. The hotel and our room were clean and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable and the shower was very nice. We did not have time to use the pool. The breakfast was outstanding as were the breakfast staff.

The only problem was that the AC was having hard time regulating itself, but it may have been from the crazy heat that has been hitting the area. It did stay on and the room was actually too cold, but better than being too hot! We all slept very well.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Springfield, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

We arrived a bit late to the hotel. The girl at the desk was very rude to us, but at that time did not matter. We were tired and just wanted to sleep. But when we entered the room, there were cockroaches in the bathroom. When we went to tell the girl, she just offered to send someone. We had to ask her to change our room. She agreed and sent us to the other side of the hotel. Apparently, this room was clean, but at midnight, also appeared cockroaches. Then, we realised it was not bad luck.

Room Tip: Avoid a room in the lobby floor
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Roeland Park, KS, a KC suburb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

Nice newer hotel, well maintained and very clean and up to date. Small refrigerator and microwave in the room are a plus. Reasonable rates for what you get.

Room Tip: Rates on Kayak were best- and still refundable!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Junction City? Share your experiences!