“A Warm Welcome in the Mid West...” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Junction City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Texas
“A Warm Welcome in the Mid West...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

I stayed at this hotel from October 27th, 2009 to current. I am proud to say this has been a wonderful stay. The staff are wonderful and very helpful. The room is always kept up and cleaned by the time i return from my hard work day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. I am yet to use the pool, but hope to eventually make it there. They have recently changed management and i can definitely tell the difference all the way around. Way to go Best Western JC inn.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

I was very pleased with my stay. The room was clean. The staff were wonderful. The heated indoor pool was a plus for my small 3 children. I also thought the breakfast was well set up and the breakfast attendant was very helpful. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

I booked a jacuzzi suite, so my room experience might not be the same as some others. The room itself is quite nice and enjoyable. It's very clean and smells nice. The jacuzzi is clean and in very good condition. Nice showerheads--adjustable.

My biggest issue with this place, as with so many other people staying here, is the internet. I'm actually writing this from the lobby of the hotel because they have no (repeat: NO) internet access in the hotel rooms. No one is able to get wifi. They have ethernet ports but they don't work. You have to come into the hotel lobby to get reception. When people call the front desk, they tell them to come into the lobby--they know there's an issue with it, but do nothing to fix it. All they need to do is hire a technician to install a few more routers, but they won't do it.

If internet is not important to you, this is a great hotel to stay at. If it is, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
restlesswords
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

Very comfy beds, nice staff, clean rooms. What more can you ask for. Originally was planning to stay somewhere else, but glad i stayed here.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

This is only good for a really economical stay. Continental bfast is not well manned or watched and when we came down with a half hour left almost everything was gone with a very dirty counter and tables. The hotel room is typical, except this one had a couple of small bugs near the sink. Not very sound proof as people came in throughout the night up and down the hall I could hear them. Front desk service was very slow at check out, however when she was there she was very helpful and kind. Stairs had not been vacummed in quite awhile. Again, I would choose this property with no family and I was just looking for a place to lay my head with no experience.

• Stayed November 2008
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

We stayed here for one night while passing through (West to East). The room was clean. The beds were reasonably firm and comfortable. The pool was small but just fine for my two kids to burn off some car fever. The wireless internet access worked in the pool area which was nice for me to catch up while the kids played in the pool. The wireless did not work great in the room, but the wired was fine. We had a small problem with the toilet getting clogged but the staff resolved that within minutes. The breakfast was very basic as many continental breakfasts go. Mostly starchy stuff. The waffles were good. The exercise room was simple (treadmill, elliptor, bike) but quite adequate for our needs. The staff was helpful and available, but not the most friendly in the world. There is an Alco (like a Target/K-Mart/Wal-Mart) right next store which was quite convenient, and a Wal-Mart complex with other stores across the street. There are lots of chain restaurants nearby. The area was clean and seemed reasonably safe. Overall, this hotelsworked very well for our needs. We would stay there again if passing through.

• Liked — Highway passing through convenience
  • Disliked — Breakfast was too simple, no fruit
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

My stay at the Best Western in Junction City, KS was terrible!!! The customer service I received was by far the worst I've encountered during any hotel stay. First of all, I stayed at this hotel because of their advertisement of high speed internet and it looked nice on the outside. Throughout the whole time I was there, the internet did not function properly, which conflicted with me getting my work done. When I contacted the front desk, the clerk said she didn't know how to fix the problem. I asked if she could contact the manager and the clerk responded by saying, "she probably would not know how to fix the problem, too." After I insisted, she let me speak to the manager and the problem was temporarily resolved by shutting off and turning on the router.

Next issue: I reserved the hotel room for 5 days. On the second day I receive a voicemail from the desk clerk stating that I was due to check out that morning, but I didn't and they needed me t contact them immediately. Once I returned to the hotel, I went to the front desk and explained to the clerk there must be some mistake because I was not due to check out until Friday. She started to get loud with me until I reminded her of the conversation we had about my length of stay the day I checked in. I had asked her for a room on the first floor since they did not have an elevator and I had heavy luggage to carry. She remembered the reason why I was not placed on the first floor was my length of stay was longer than what they had for the first floor rooms (which did not make sense to me, but...). She remembered the conversation and didn't even apologize for her rudeness!!!

The next day my room was not cleaned and I had to contact the front desk. She told me that the housekeeper left for the day and I would have to wait until the next day to have my room serviced. when I told her I had no clean towels, she brought me some towels and rudely apologized for the problems I was having.

When the internet refused to work during another occasion, I contacted the front desk and the clerk told me the manager left for the day and there was nothing she could do to fix the internet. At that point, I was upset and frustrated and demanded the name of her supervisor, as well as her general manager. She gave me a first name and told me she forgot the supervisor's last name. She never gave me the name of the General Manager. I was livid!

When I checked out, I made sure to inform the manager on what took place during my stay. Although she sincerely apologized, there was no excuse for such poor customer service.

I definitely will not stay at this hotel again; this experience makes me reluctant to stay at another Best Western.

After reading the Best Western brochure and how they strive to provide excellent accommodations to business travelers, this hotel doesn't make the company look positive in that aspect.

If I could pull one good experience from this hotel I have to say it was the breakast served and the breakfast staff.

• Liked — The breakfast served was good
  • Disliked — The customer service received was horrendous!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN J. C. Inn? Share your experiences!