“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Junction City
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Our family spent one night here on a big roadtrip. We though it was perfect:
Clean
Friendly
Right off the highway
A nice breakfast in the morning (including fresh tortillas!)
And right across the street from a nice little Italian restaurant, which was perfect for dinner.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We were here for 6 days and loved it. Beds were comfortable, rooms very clean, staff friendly and helpful. They always had warm cookies and hot coffee ready for us. Nice fridge in the room. The pool was large, clean, and warm water. I have stayed places where the pool was like ice water but not here. It is close to Ft. Riley. We loved it and can't wait to go back at Thanksgiving. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I went for a bussines trip and chose this hotel, the room are clean very quiet close to some restaurants the front office people are nice and they offer free internet acces in room, and also a free continental breackfast, it was good for being free!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Mason City, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Being a Hilton Diamond member I was shocked when I was not able to book a room 26 days in advance. They insisted they were booked, yet the next day when I called the (800) number I was told there were rooms available. By that time I was so angry I had already booked my stay at another chain. Not the kind of treatment someone who stays in Hilton properties over 100 nights a year expects!!!

Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

This hotel made our entire three day weekend such a success. Our stay was 12/9 through 12/11. The hotel was clean (inside and out) and the staff was courteous, accommodating and always had a smile on their face. We travelled to visit family in the area and this hotel far surpasses many of those which are more expensive that my company requests we stay in when travelling for business. I would highly recommend this hotel and will be staying there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Terrific hotel starting first with customer service. They accomadated me and some other soldiers for a military discount when others would not. The rooms were clean with flat screen tv, granite bathroom, pillow top bed, and nice arrangement of furniture. I could here people on floor above me. They called the room and they quit. They also moved me to the top floor. Pool was very nice. Breakfast was excellent. They used real eggs and sausage. Good array of sweets and drinks. Only negative was that could not get on internet in the computer room. But only a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Tallmadge, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

The staff was courteous and friendly--at the desk, housekeeping, and the breakfast attendant. We had a king room with a sofabed, and it was superb. A surprise was the fridge and microwave that was in the room. The only downside (and it's small) is that we kept hearing something like someone moving furniture about 5:30 - 6:00 each morning of our four-day stay. I finally figured out it was because we were directly over the breakfast/lounge area, and the moveable doors that separate the serving area from the lounge were being moved each morning in preparation for the 6:00 a.m. breakfast start. Again...not a biggie.

No road noise--we faced S. Washington St.--and heard the train mentioned in other reviews only one night--and that at a distance, so, again, not an issue for us.

The pool was clean, the water warm, and the whirlpool just what we needed. Towels were provided in the pool area, and the area was accessed by key card. Vending machines serving snacks and drinks were right by the pool area.

The exercise room was the best I have ever seen at a hotel. It is large, has three treadmills, a stepper, a recumbent bike, free weights and weight bench, and stablizer ball. It also has a water cooler and antiseptic gym wipes, as well as towels and a TV. It was great--would not have been crowded had there been people on all the machines at once. There is a sign that says "for use by persons 18 and over," and I did see some idiot "supervising" her about-11-year-old on the treadmill. Staff can't monitor the exercise room 24 hours a day, but I wish people would pay attention to that. I don't like having children in the exercise room when I'm there for a variety of reasons (not the least of which are the cartoons on the TV. Hello?!)

The business center has two working computers and a printer, accessible also by key card. Additional paper was available on a shelf for use in the printer should the need arise. Very nice, very neat and clean.

We had lots and lots of storage space in our room--the bathroom vanity has a shelf underneath, which freed up the top greatly. Additionally, linens and the in-room coffeemaker are in a built-in shelf behind the door--out of the way but convenient.

There is no shortage of convenient (that being the key word) outlets in the room to plug in the myriad of gadgets we seem to bring along that need recharging Each of the four lamps in the room had an outlet built in, plus there were two outlets in the bath, and a number along the wallls in the room that were easily accessible. (How many times have I tried to find an outlet, only to find it hidden behind a heavy couch?)

The only negative (and it's a small one) is that the TV was placed at a 90-degree angle to the bed, so it necessitated looking to the left to watch TV from bed. However, if that's as tough as life gets, I can live with it.

Breakfast was EXCELLENT! A variety of foods each day, including eggs, meat, biscuits, bagels, muffins, rolls, hot oatmeal (already hot--not microwave) with an assortment of brown sugar, raisins, and walnuts, four types of cold cereal, three types of juices, milk, yogurt, waffles, etc. Coffee (two regulars, one decaf, and hot water accompanied by "specialized" teas) was available 24/7 in the lounge. The lounge itself is very inviting, doubling as the "dining room" at breakfast. But it's NOT the usual "dining room." A variety of seating arrangements, good traffic plan, and generally very enjoyable.

Bottom line--loved this place. If the prices remain reasonable, this is the only place we'll consider staying at in Junction City.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing S. Washington if you think I-70 traffic and/or railroad noise may bother you...