“not good” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Express Inn & Suites Junction City

You added Express Inn & Suites Junction City to your Saves list
Express Inn & Suites Junction City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1214 S Washington, Junction City, KS 66441 (Formerly Howard Johnson Junction City)   |
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Junction City
FORT COLLINS
“not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The room was fairly clean, but the hallways and entryway was very dirty.
I didn't feek very safe in the hotel - lots of day labor type guests

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
WICHITA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

It's a great location and that's where the good stuff ends. For starters there were several people who just seemed to be loitering in the halls and outside. That doesn't exactly make one feel safe. And the room wasn't ready when we arrived at about 5 PM. The room door was being held open by the maid wrapping the cord from the hair dryer around the door handle. This obviously wasn't the first time since the hair dryer was hanging onto the wall by a thread. There was also a trash can in the hall in the middle of a huge carpet stain that stayed there the entire time catching a constant drip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

WICHITA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Outdated, and not very clean. Mold in the bathrooms. Bucket to catch leaking water in the main hallway. One group in our party had to switch rooms twice to get even a marginal one to stay in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Room and hall were not clean, leak in roof in hall required stepping around a bucket provided to catch the water, no shower curtain, tub dirty, no TV remote, and when one was provided, it didn't work for about half the stations. Was so bad, we didn't stay, got a refund and went elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Well, the hall smelled of smoke and the carpet was stained. The pool and hot tub (one reason I chose this motel) were not working.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were given a key card and went to our room, only to find someone already there. Got another key card to another room, only to find someone already there again! I was ready to leave, but my husband was tired and wanted to stay. We were shown to another room (after the clerk checked the room first). We kept the door double/chain locked all the time. Who knows if someone else might be given a key to our room! The light bulb in the shower/toilet area was burned out in the morning. Had to get dressed and go to the desk before being able to take a shower. There was nothing worth eating at the free breakfast, thankfully I had a carton of yogurt with me. The only redeeming quality was that the pool was warm, though there weren't any towels. This may have been a localized incident, due to poor management, but we will probably never stay at a Howard Johnson again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel was the nastiest mold infested place I have ever seen.I became ill shortly after I checked in and I am still dealing with health issues after I RAN away from there after scant hours of checking in. Water leaks , fuzzy mold , rotted out tub , feces on the bathroom wall and over all filth! I picked the Howard Johnson to stay in because of their reputation and name.....this hotel should be shut down by the Health Department! I have had allergy issues , asthma attacks and upper resp issues since I stayed there. I lodged a complaint with the HJ corp. office and was blown off...."This is a private franchise so contact them not us" Really?!?! You want your name on a place that is a SEVERE health hazzard?! What to expect from them: mold and filth!!!!!!! Not only have I had to deal with health issues but it has taken valuable time away from me and the reason I traveled here. My first Grandchild was just born and I wanted to be here for her and my child......THANK YOU Howard Johnson for making me sick and costing me time with them!!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel if you value your life and health.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Express Inn & Suites Junction City? Share your experiences!