“Best Restaurant I Found in Independence” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 28 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: American
El Dorado, Kansas
“Best Restaurant I Found in Independence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I have eaten here twice. The first time, I had the chicken fried steak which was one of the best I have had. This time, I had the 14 ounce KC strip. All the dinners come with green beans which are cooked with bacon and are excellent and a choice of one other side from an extensive menu. The strip was excellent quality with only very minimal fat. The only thing that keeps me from giving 5 stars is that I ordered the steak medium rare and it came out medium well. Eating alone, I sat at the bar both times and service was fast and efficient. The first time I was there on a Friday night and they had a DJ playing music after 6:00. It is a sports bar so have numerous TVs for watching games. The KC strip is fairly expensive but the meat is very high quality.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Kansas, United States
“Ok but overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I think this place is a bit too pricey and there is certainly nothing amazing about their food. I had some grilled chicken strips with weird orange seasoning on them that was not good at all - very bitter!

Visited August 2014
Ozark, Missouri
“Hard to Say...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Went in, seated ourselves, and got drinks immediately. 30 minutes later, 3 server's passed us numerous times without getting an order, although we were sitting, with closed menus, making eye contact. Finally, I told them we had to leave. Our server said "ok" and brought us a bill for over $7 for the tea.

Yeah, go somewhere else.

• Visited May 2014
“Finally Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We have been to many restaurants in this town. This one is by far the best. Concerning the last review about children- the age is 10 which is stated on the door. I think it's a good policy because it is a BAR/ restaurant.

Independence, Kansas
“No children allowed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This review is late as I have been thinking over if I even have a review... But other families should be made aware.
Four of us, with my 2 year old daughter, tried to go here for a burger one evening about 6 pm. This was about 2 - 3 months ago (December?). We were turned away at the door because of our underage daughter. No one under 21? I asked if 6pm was just too late; No, no children are allowed at any time. It's too bad as we have thought about this place several times since and won't go. All together about 16 adult meals, 4 appetizers, and probably a few drinks have been lost in the last 2 - 3 months, and the people I have told that have children to not bother trying to go here. I can understand having a time that no children are allowed, as Turbos does, but not at any time ever? Pretty shortsighted.
Parking can be a hassle due to several evening businesses within one block of here.
Of course I can't tell if the service or food has gotten any better since I was here over 2 years ago...

Visited December 2013