“Spent 5 nights and everything was great” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Hutchinson
Riverview, FL
“Spent 5 nights and everything was great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights while in Hutchinson for a family gathering. My sister and her husband also stayed at same time.
Check-in was easy and the pleasant. As we checked in, we asked to get 2 rooms near to each other so they switched my room. When they did so, they also upgraded us to a larger room. The person at the counter explained the breakfast times and the evening snack.
The rooms were better than I had expected. Both rooms had king beds, microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. The smaller room had a easy chair, dresser, TV,desk chair and a desk. Ours had the same plus a couch and coffee table.
Each room had thermostaticaly controlled heat and cooling - and we had the opportunity to use both and both worked well.
The king sized beds were very comfortable with lots of pillows. There were additional pillows and blankets in the dresser. We slept very well. There was a large group staying there for a wedding and they were noisy as they clambered down the hall in a large group each morning and evening, but the noise level was generally good.
The bathroom was clean and adequate. The shower was very tall, which is a real plus for me.
The overall cleanliness of the room and common areas was very good. We did not see anything that needed repair of cleaning.
The breakfast was a good selection but he highlight was the waffle machine with your choice of regular or cinnamon batter. Each morning was slightly different but all had some type of eggs, meat, and bicuits and gravy. Several evenings they had a "manager's reception" which included things like chili dogs with all the fixings, loaded nachos, etc - and all for free.
We will certainly stay there again when we need a room in Hutchinson.
We did not try the indoor pool or hot tub but the area was quiet and clean. I used the fitness center twice and was the only one in there both times.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

I had driven straight through from Phoenix, AZ to arrive in Hutchinson. Mindy at the front desk was super helpful and accommodating. She went above and beyond to help make our stay an awesome experience. Super clean rooms, extra cozy beds and delicious free breakfast. I enjoyed my stay so much that I will most definitely stay at Comfort Inn in the future. Thanks again Mindy!!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Lincoln, NE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

We were disappointed after reading the other reviews. In spite of the remodel, we were greeted by a badly stained couch, long hairs in the shower and bath towels and a dirty bathroom counter (black quartz easily shows dust). The wind whistled through the windows, and the front of the window air conditioner/heater fell off then I attempted to turn down the fan! If you're willing to sacrifice a lot for a hot (so-so) breakfast, then this place may be just fine. I will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Liberal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

Great place, for sure one of the top two or three in Hutch. Everything was clean, good location close to lots of restaurants and shopping. Hot breakfast was very good with pancakes & real eggs, etc...

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Lakin, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

I have to travel 3 and 1/2 hours to Hutchinson for medical reasons since moving to Western KS. The first time we stayed in Hutchinson, we took the cheap route and stayed at Super 8. Big disappointment. The furniture was broken, the room smelled like an ashtray, etc. Fast forward 6 months to my appointment on the 27th of October, we decided to pay extra for better accommodations and chose Comfort Inn & Suites. We were in awe when walking in the King sized room. Very classy. The furniture was very clean and new feeling. A nice big sofa and coffee table, kitchenette with a wash station, a closed closet with the works. The carpet was immaculate. The bed was in a whole other state by itself. Pillows are not something you will be lacking on the bed. The drapes close! No annoying outside lights. The bathroom was very nice. The exercise and pool rooms were great. I didn't swim because I didn't take a suit, but I did put my hand in the pool, it felt heavenly. I did use the treadmill in the work out room. The equipment is modern and clean. Mindy is a treat. She really enjoys her position in the company and it reflects in the way she treats the guests. She was very helpful and friendly. I hope the next time we go, we get the same room.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor, so noise was not a problem. The drapery is really good. It actually close...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

There is no place like home! Great place to stay! The comfort home, away from home. The staff are very warm and fuzzy. Mindy is a great example of customer service and satisfaction. Awesome personality, with a great willingness to serve. Gregory also will cater to the needs of guest. Charming manner ,courteous and friendly to his residence. Lets not forget beautiful Red also known as Daphne, cute and friendly nature catering to your needs making sure your stay is happy. The manager Rainy was also a pleasure. She made our long term business experience exceptional! The beds were so comfortable! Food was good on the afternoons, you didn't feel like going out to eat. Peaceful rest is what you are going to get here, no doubt. They are number one I Hutchinson! Fresh clean rooms, courteous housekeeping staff, who go the extra mile to care for your rooms. Awesome place to stay, for short or long term.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Friend, NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

We were there for a conference in Hutchinson. Since I'd never been to the city before, I didn't know what to expect, but I'm glad I ended up staying at this motel. It was set back quite a ways from the main road, so it was quiet. The motel itself was modern in appearance and clean. The breakfast was well-stocked so that my friends that we were traveling with couldn't complain about it just being cereal or doughnuts. There was a waffle maker, biscuits and sausage gravy, eggs, etc.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!