“Nice Hotel, Plesant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Hutchinson
“Nice Hotel, Plesant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Overall, I had a very positive experience at this hotel. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, there were luggage carts at easy access, and the rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfast was also your standard hotel breakfast.

Other parts of the hotel seemed a little less clean. The pool had some dirt on the floor and there were people working in the stairwells and leaving empty paint cans. The fitness center is pretty small and without any clean area on the floor to sit and stretch. Overall though, a good value for the price paid.

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Basehor, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I usually don't take the time to write a review, but I had such a wonderful experience that I wanted to take a min. and tell you why you should stay at this Hotel. I was traveling with my young son, for a mini vacation before school started. When we checked in we were greeted by a very friendly staff, which is always a good start. When we walked into the lobby I commented on the décor, because that's how I make my living and I was impressed. The room was recently remodeled and was comfortable and had everything we would need. This was the "Best Night Sleep Away From Home" that I've had in years, the bed was Awesome! We enjoyed the pool, hot tub, and the morning breakfast...and for coffee lovers like myself, it was available all day :) I have a few special needs due to severe allergies, and the staff noted them and made the effort to take care of me. I'm going back this weekend for another stay, and I highly recommend this hotel you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had previously stayed in other pet friendly hotels around the country. If changed for a pet at all, there was a one time fee. Here we where charged $25 for our pet for a two night stay. We stayed in room 109, that they claimed smelled due to the carpet being changed, however it smelled like someone had been smoking in there. The mattress unlike the one in the Wichita location (which was very comfortable), this one was very uncomfortable. Of course being near the train tracks didn't help either. The man behind the desk was dressed in a casual shirt, and when I told him that we didn't need our room made up, and to note that the dog was in the room, he advised me that we weren't allowed to leave the dog unattended. We only leave for short periods of time, ( and leave him in the bathroom when we aren't there) I told him the dog is use to hotels and does't bark, I ended up leaving my cell # in case they needed to reach us, they didn't. Instead of worrying about a small dog in the middle of the day, they should pay attention to the people hanging by the back door openly drinking alcohol. Also don't assign people with a dog to the room across from the pool..Luckily our dog didn't bark. Breakfast was ok, but the attendants didn't so much as smile, not a friendly atmosphere.

Room Tip: Don' take room 109, as it smells and is across from the pool!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Rayne T, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our Comfort Inn & Suites. We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

Our Comfort Inn & Suites is proud to be a pet friendly hotel. We charge a one-time nonrefundable fee of $25.00 per pet. To better accommodate all our guests, both those who travel with their beloved furry friends, and those who do not, we have a hotel pet policy. To avoid potential disturbances, we do not allow pets to be left in a room unattended. There are times that we will make an exception when necessary, when we are assured that the pet is a seasoned traveler and will not cause a disturbance to fellow guests. I’m very glad to hear that we were able to do so in your case, and hope you understand the necessity for the pet policies to be in place to suitably accommodate all of our guests’ needs.

You will be happy to know that our facility is officially 100% Smoke-Free. We are happy to offer all nonsmoking guest rooms and public areas to all of our guests. To my knowledge, the room you occupied has never been a smoking room, and should not have an odor of any sort. Just to be certain, I have carefully treated the room with an ozonator and odor eliminator to ensure superb freshness.

We do not allow consumption of alcoholic beverages in any public area. This includes the Lobby, Swimming Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center, Guest Laundry, or exterior facilities. This includes the parking lot. If our staff witnesses any such activity, we politely ask the guest to remove the alcoholic beverages from the vicinity and relocate it to their suite. In this regard, if you have a concern at any hotel you are residing at, please contact management to resolve this matter immediately. In the hospitality industry, our guests' satisfaction is our #1 priority. Our staff will go out of their way to make certain that your every need is met to ensure that your stay is guaranteed 100% flawless.

We can assure you that we will use the information you provided to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Rayne T.
Comfort Inn & Suites
1601 Super Plaza
Hutchinson KS
620-669-5200
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

For me, a test of a hotel is the reception from the front desk on. I can put up with a leaky faucet (which there was) as is the case with any home. But seeing a friendly face sets the tone. I was warmly and efficiently received by the woman (forgot her name) that helped me the evening of August 8th.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
lawrenceville,ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed one night here for a funeral and chose it based on the recommendations from Tripadvisor. The rooms were very clean and updated. Check in was a bit slow. I had called 2 times to ask for a room type ( I had booked 2 rooms) and when I got in at 6:30 p.m. the requests I had asked for were not made known. The older lady at the front desk was pleasant but not particularly customer friendly. My room had not been assigned. I am a Diamond with Choice and found this to be very odd. Typically, the folio is ready to go. The morning front desk attendant ( with short hair) was great. Breakfast was very nice. I would stay here again. Close to Target and a few places to eat.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I live on the edge and did not make reservations before coming to town. :) Being a small town, on line reviews can be a little... I don't know, you just can't tell if its going to be nice or nice for the area..

First I checked out Hutchison's newest hotel, Fairfield Inn by Marriot, which I gage to be aesthetically equal to this hotel (only, possibly they have a bar that this one doesn't have and they are minimum $30 more a night).

I also visited the Ramada. I will not describe the level of weird happening over there. It was terrible. I walked in to no service for over 5 minutes, so I showed myself the pool area, then immediately showed myself the door. I wish I could erase the thought of that place from my mind.

I called Comfort Inn (from the Starbucks across the street), asked if they had a room available for (showing and) early check in. They did. The front desk has been more than accommodating from the moment I walked in the door. The room is exactly as shown on the management photos (which is not usually the case). Its an excellent room space. I suggest the king suite. I did not get the jet tub shown in the photo, but I do have a nice 'living' space, which is nice for reading and eating. Oh, the sofa is fold out, so if needed, an extra bed. The king bed, the bedding, the pillows, everything is perfect.

The pool area could use a few touches to make it match the feel of the rest of the newly renovated hotel, but it is a nice pool/hot tub area.

The complimentary FULL breakfast is added awesomeness. Cookies and juice in the afternoon. DINNER! Seriously, who else has complimentary DINNER?! I mean, tonight it was hot dogs bar, but still, when you arrive tired with kids in tow, free hot food feels like a life saver. :)The free food definitely makes this the best deal in the area.

The hotel is within walking distance to Starbucks, Target and Olive Garden. (Surprisingly, there are a few locally owned coffee shops in the area worth checking out, but I always stop at Starbucks first because I know what I'm getting there.) Your shopping options are Kohls, JC Penney and Target. You can get everything you need at Target. :) Although Olive Garden is no 5 star restaurant, you can get a decent meal there.. In my experience with 3 locally owned restaurants here, you should just stick with what you know.

We will likely be back for several years to come (for space camp). We will choose this hotel every time.

Room Tip: My room is right next to the elevator, absolutely no noise concern. Maybe you want a 2nd or 3rd flo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

This was a nice surprise. I have never stayed at a Comfort Inns and Suites before. Usually in small towns there really isn't a lot to choose from and what there is to choose from isn't always that well kept. The Comfort Inns and Suites in Hutchinson KS has recently been remodeled and really is nice. Free WiFi, fridge, microwave, a pool. There is also vending machines and the items are priced comparable to general store prices, not the gouging I have seen at some hotels where it's like $2.50 for a 20oz bottle of soda. It was a bit discouraging to determine that Ice and Vending were only on the first and third floors. If you are on two or 4, prepare to travel with you ice bucket. Huge king size bed that was high off the ground and was very comfortable to lay on. There is no bar at this Hotel but there is a bar at the hotel next door. Nice place to stay if you are passing through or have come to see the sites of Hutchinson, KS.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!