“Comfortable at Comfort Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Hutchinson
lawrenceville,ga
“Comfortable at Comfort Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed one night here for a funeral and chose it based on the recommendations from Tripadvisor. The rooms were very clean and updated. Check in was a bit slow. I had called 2 times to ask for a room type ( I had booked 2 rooms) and when I got in at 6:30 p.m. the requests I had asked for were not made known. The older lady at the front desk was pleasant but not particularly customer friendly. My room had not been assigned. I am a Diamond with Choice and found this to be very odd. Typically, the folio is ready to go. The morning front desk attendant ( with short hair) was great. Breakfast was very nice. I would stay here again. Close to Target and a few places to eat.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I live on the edge and did not make reservations before coming to town. :) Being a small town, on line reviews can be a little... I don't know, you just can't tell if its going to be nice or nice for the area..

First I checked out Hutchison's newest hotel, Fairfield Inn by Marriot, which I gage to be aesthetically equal to this hotel (only, possibly they have a bar that this one doesn't have and they are minimum $30 more a night).

I also visited the Ramada. I will not describe the level of weird happening over there. It was terrible. I walked in to no service for over 5 minutes, so I showed myself the pool area, then immediately showed myself the door. I wish I could erase the thought of that place from my mind.

I called Comfort Inn (from the Starbucks across the street), asked if they had a room available for (showing and) early check in. They did. The front desk has been more than accommodating from the moment I walked in the door. The room is exactly as shown on the management photos (which is not usually the case). Its an excellent room space. I suggest the king suite. I did not get the jet tub shown in the photo, but I do have a nice 'living' space, which is nice for reading and eating. Oh, the sofa is fold out, so if needed, an extra bed. The king bed, the bedding, the pillows, everything is perfect.

The pool area could use a few touches to make it match the feel of the rest of the newly renovated hotel, but it is a nice pool/hot tub area.

The complimentary FULL breakfast is added awesomeness. Cookies and juice in the afternoon. DINNER! Seriously, who else has complimentary DINNER?! I mean, tonight it was hot dogs bar, but still, when you arrive tired with kids in tow, free hot food feels like a life saver. :)The free food definitely makes this the best deal in the area.

The hotel is within walking distance to Starbucks, Target and Olive Garden. (Surprisingly, there are a few locally owned coffee shops in the area worth checking out, but I always stop at Starbucks first because I know what I'm getting there.) Your shopping options are Kohls, JC Penney and Target. You can get everything you need at Target. :) Although Olive Garden is no 5 star restaurant, you can get a decent meal there.. In my experience with 3 locally owned restaurants here, you should just stick with what you know.

We will likely be back for several years to come (for space camp). We will choose this hotel every time.

Room Tip: My room is right next to the elevator, absolutely no noise concern. Maybe you want a 2nd or 3rd flo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This was a nice surprise. I have never stayed at a Comfort Inns and Suites before. Usually in small towns there really isn't a lot to choose from and what there is to choose from isn't always that well kept. The Comfort Inns and Suites in Hutchinson KS has recently been remodeled and really is nice. Free WiFi, fridge, microwave, a pool. There is also vending machines and the items are priced comparable to general store prices, not the gouging I have seen at some hotels where it's like $2.50 for a 20oz bottle of soda. It was a bit discouraging to determine that Ice and Vending were only on the first and third floors. If you are on two or 4, prepare to travel with you ice bucket. Huge king size bed that was high off the ground and was very comfortable to lay on. There is no bar at this Hotel but there is a bar at the hotel next door. Nice place to stay if you are passing through or have come to see the sites of Hutchinson, KS.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was one of the best hotel experiences I've had in a long term stay, The staff was very helpful and courteous through the entire 2 month stay. The clean staff was excellent going so far as to stack my spare change in order on my nightstand. The real value here though is the hot food, breakfast is good and plentiful and although the dinner was not great they did have a variety to offer. Over all I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay in Hutchinson, Ks.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms are quitest
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The staff is fantastic... everyone we encountered, from the desk to housekeeping and management, was lovely. We ran into a few problems with our room (which had just been released from renovation earlier that day) and they gave us a discount and offered to have maintenance come up and fix what they could immediately. Given that it was late, we declined; however, the manager gave us a further discount even though we didn't expect it.

They offer you a hot breakfast in the morning (eggs, waffles, sausage, biscuits and gravy) along with the general muffins, bagels and cold cereal. I think they also had hard boiled eggs. The bed was VERY comfortable, along with a sitting room/desk. Literally across the parking lot, there is a Target and there are several restaurants within walking distance or a short drive if you prefer.

It's the best hotel we've stayed at in the area.

Room Tip: I've heard that the Jacuzzi suite is nice, but we haven't done that yet. The A/C was overly...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We arrived after a very long drive and were happy to find such a nice motel and friendly staff. The rooms have been totally redone so everything is nice and new. ( It was previously the Holiday Inn Express. The old Comfort Inn is now a Super 8.) When we checked in, we were told that there were free fajitas in the breakfast area. Since we were so tired, we made that our dinner which turned out to be pretty good.
What we liked best though were the super comfortable beds and pillows. I would like to have bought a pillow to take home with me. We would definitely stay here again. The only negatives were a train track and a hospital nearby and beverage machines that didn't work.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hobbs, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We had to stay here while my cousin was in the hospital nearby. This is a really nice property. I would say the worse part of this trip was the elevator. That elevator was down right scary! The front desk help was always really nice and breakfast was awesome for the days we stayed here. It's also conveniently located to all kinds of stores and food. The beds were AMAZING! I love staying at Comfort Inn & Suites for this reason alone so I know it wasn't because I had slept on hospital chairs for a few nights prior.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!