“5 STAR HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Atrium Hotel and Conference Center

You added Atrium Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Atrium Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 North Lorraine, Hutchinson, KS 67501 (Formerly Ramada Hutchinson)   |
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Hutchinson
“5 STAR HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

THIS HOTEL IS AWESOME!!! 5 STAR IN MY BOOK! :-D Cindy at the front desk was AMAZING at getting me checked in fast and VERY professional and courteous. The resturant and lounge is a very nice place to eat and enjoy adult beverages. The 16 person hot tub was TOTALLY RELAXING! Thank You Cindy....I WILL BE BACK!!! :-)

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I had a wonderful stay there at the atrium! The staff was very nice and helpful! I special thanks and appreciation to ms. Beverly at the front desk and Mr Joe at the front desk all of the house keepers were excellent but I would like to give a special thanks and recognition to Karen how ever she could help she did acommedate us to the fullest

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The customer service was really great, some of the best, most personable service I've ever received in 20 years of traveling. Beverly and the entire staff were very accommodating for our team during our trip to compete in the NJCAA National Championships in Hutch. I asked if there were any umbrellas in lost and found that I could borrow, knowing the impending weather, and Beverly went to her car, came back and handed me two of her own personal umbrellas to borrow. There was a new girl on staff that was very sweet and good to our team. Everyone was great, including those who allowed us to use a meeting hall for our team meetings.
As for the hotel, it could use some work, but has potential. There were dented doors and doorknobs, hot and humid areas of some hallways, and quite a large collection of several hundred cigarette butts on the ground outside the door near level 300 on the north side of the building. I must have tripped 20 times on the uneven and raised sections of carpet laid over uneven flooring in the lobby area, though I always did get a good laugh when I saw someone else do it. To be fair, I wasn't in one of the newly-renovated rooms, so I don't know what those were like. The quality staff was the redeeming factor, and that's what made it worth writing about. I'm sure there are plans in the works to improve the facility, but the place is vast and expansive, so it might take a while to get to all the problem areas. On a side note, the wifi was great!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family and I checked in last weekend and had a great stay! Our check in was quick and easy and the front desk staff were all so polite and helpful! Our room was spacious, very comfortable, and so clean - exactly what we needed after traveling all day with a toddler. The pool was such a fun time for our son and it was great for my fiance and I to relax as well. Breakfast was delicious and the selection was great so we could all pick something different that sounded good to us. Next time we're in the area we will definitely be staying here again! Thanks for such a nice stay!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We checked in on May 7th and the front desk staff was so delightful and very efficient! We had a King Suite and the room was very nice and clean! I had my kids with me and they could not wait to go swimming. We went to the pool and found the pool to be very nice and just the right temperature! My kids loved it and had an awesome time! We went to get breakfast in the morning and had such a wide selection and it was very good too! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that is traveling thru Hutchinson. I cant wait to come back again!!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Joplin, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Atrium was a quiet hotel, but they are doing a lot of remodeling currently. They still have a long way to go to finish their remodel. The room was large and clean. The bed was comfortable. Probably would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Well there's too much negitive events about this joint. This point blows like a bad engine which knocks! The only tolerable person was Beverly! Other than this the pool looked like it had not been filled since prehistoric times. The hallways were dark and reminded me of the inside of a dumpster crappy and corroded with intolerable odor. In order to get to the dump of my room you had to walk past many intoxicated and drugged out people. This place needed doctor Phil to run an intervention on this shade tree! After five minutes of screwing with my door it finally cracked open! To my surprise there was no hot water or lights in the room only 1 out of 4 operated these lights worked on the principal of flickering on and off simultaneously. The air did not work nor was there a single wall outlet! This is the 21st century how do you charge up your devices people! I took my admendment rights down to the desk and threw a massive fit surprisingly Beverly was the only one in the joint who could have the decency to assist my request for a full refund and to leave. As for me and everyone I encounter I will continue to go out of my way to inform them to criticize and complain about this dive! If your looking for a place I recommend going over to the holiday inn which was a fabulous stay. Once again this place was like a raw sewer burning my throat like bad polluted sewage! Even my cheap friend would refuse this junk hole of a dive!
Once again
Couldn't find the entrance
Looked like a YMCA from the 60s
Smelled heavily of mold
Hookers and druggies on sight
Dried up pools and boiler system (no hot water)
Dark damp and shaddy management!
Old crusted bathroom
No soap
No wall outlets
Broken AC
Furniture was falling apart
Smelled of urine and harsh chemicals
Opened my window to find the inside of the hotel lobby and a nice fat guy drifing off with a pair of tony llomas! (Was he from Oklahoma?)
The lights didn't work
Parking lot was full of pot holes (literally like weed)
Smelled of mold
Had to jerk with the door to make it open and lock!
Once again I didn't feel safe and was fired to leave the premises early which ruined my vacation!
DONT STAY IN THIS DIVE!
Wouldn't be shocked if it had any bugs or dieses going around!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Gregg W, General Manager at Atrium Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Andrew C,

I would like to apologize to you for an unpleasant visit. We did have a large work crew that filled all the hotels in town. We were very diligent to remove individuals that caused any issues towards other guests at our hotel. I assure you that the work crews have left the area. I am taking the items that you mentioned to my staff to make sure that any deficiencies in the room are corrected immediately. I would like to apologize again for the trouble. I would like to invite you to speak directly with me anytime so that we can find a resolution for the issues that you experienced.

Thanks,

Gregg Wahlers

Been to Atrium Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!