“Hookers and pimps meth and crack heads dilapidated pool and dumpy place.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Atrium Hotel and Conference Center

You added Atrium Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Atrium Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 North Lorraine, Hutchinson, KS 67501 (Formerly Ramada Hutchinson)   |
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hutchinson
“Hookers and pimps meth and crack heads dilapidated pool and dumpy place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Well there's too much negitive events about this joint. This point blows like a bad engine which knocks! The only tolerable person was Beverly! Other than this the pool looked like it had not been filled since prehistoric times. The hallways were dark and reminded me of the inside of a dumpster crappy and corroded with intolerable odor. In order to get to the dump of my room you had to walk past many intoxicated and drugged out people. This place needed doctor Phil to run an intervention on this shade tree! After five minutes of screwing with my door it finally cracked open! To my surprise there was no hot water or lights in the room only 1 out of 4 operated these lights worked on the principal of flickering on and off simultaneously. The air did not work nor was there a single wall outlet! This is the 21st century how do you charge up your devices people! I took my admendment rights down to the desk and threw a massive fit surprisingly Beverly was the only one in the joint who could have the decency to assist my request for a full refund and to leave. As for me and everyone I encounter I will continue to go out of my way to inform them to criticize and complain about this dive! If your looking for a place I recommend going over to the holiday inn which was a fabulous stay. Once again this place was like a raw sewer burning my throat like bad polluted sewage! Even my cheap friend would refuse this junk hole of a dive!
Once again
Couldn't find the entrance
Looked like a YMCA from the 60s
Smelled heavily of mold
Hookers and druggies on sight
Dried up pools and boiler system (no hot water)
Dark damp and shaddy management!
Old crusted bathroom
No soap
No wall outlets
Broken AC
Furniture was falling apart
Smelled of urine and harsh chemicals
Opened my window to find the inside of the hotel lobby and a nice fat guy drifing off with a pair of tony llomas! (Was he from Oklahoma?)
The lights didn't work
Parking lot was full of pot holes (literally like weed)
Smelled of mold
Had to jerk with the door to make it open and lock!
Once again I didn't feel safe and was fired to leave the premises early which ruined my vacation!
DONT STAY IN THIS DIVE!
Wouldn't be shocked if it had any bugs or dieses going around!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Gregg W, General Manager at Atrium Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Andrew C,

I would like to apologize to you for an unpleasant visit. We did have a large work crew that filled all the hotels in town. We were very diligent to remove individuals that caused any issues towards other guests at our hotel. I assure you that the work crews have left the area. I am taking the items that you mentioned to my staff to make sure that any deficiencies in the room are corrected immediately. I would like to apologize again for the trouble. I would like to invite you to speak directly with me anytime so that we can find a resolution for the issues that you experienced.

Thanks,

Gregg Wahlers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked this hotel for my friends and family to stay for my wedding reception. It was so horrible and we felt so unsafe that we left in the middle of the night. There are a bunch of people that live in this hotel and I counted no fewer than 15 prostitutes. Two men kept knocking on my cousin's door and when she would open it, they would start taking off their clothes. She called the cops. The water park and kid pool have been closed for 2 years and there is no plan to reopen them. Choosing this hotel completely ruined the entire ambiance of my wedding. It became more of a joke. My guests all wasted their money and we still had to leave because we all felt so unsafe. People who live here have hot plates going and they are cooking meth in their rooms. The front desk had a maintenance person escort me to my room and I felt more unsafe with him with me than if I had walked by myself. We took my 3 nieces swimming in the one pool that had water in it and all of these nasty men who live at the hotel came out to the balcony to watch my nieces (ages 9, 6, and 2) in their swimsuits. It was disgusting.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Please
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Stacy W.

I would like to apologize to you for the unpleasant stay you had with us. Your experience is not typical of the hotel that we provide for our guests. We did have a large work crew that filled up the hotels in this area. Those crews have since left the area. We provided extra security during this time to help ensure that everyone would feel more comfortable during their stay. I would like to invite you to speak with me directly so that we can find a resolution for the issues that you experienced.

Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is a BIG ‪FAIL, I was excited by the photos and amenities advertised by the Atrium Hotel and Conference Center in Hutchinson, Ks and I‬ booked primarily for the kids water park. I was going to entertain my 10 month old granddaughter while her mother was busy with wedding shower details. When we arrived we were a little hesitant by the distressed look of the outside and we had trouble finding the front door. But as we explored the "water park" after check in, we became terribly disappointed the kids pool was dirty & there was no water in the pool!

After trudging the stairs (no elevator, there's only 2 floors, but we had luggage and a baby we were carrying) we entered the room and were immediately disappointed. This room was not what was depicted on the website, but it did look as though they were trying to renovate... another issue was no media chargers. (All we are talking is investment in a power strip.) Obviously some Website photos were deceiving but that's not all...

We had a storm come into our room overnight. Yes, I do mean into our room. We woke up to water soaked carpet from the outside wall to about 5-6 feet into the middle of the room. When I told the front desk, she just said she would "add it to the list."

I could go on, but you get the picture...do not waste your money.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Belinda R,

I would like to apologize for the troubles that you experienced with us. We are in the process of renovating rooms. Our contractors have since fixed the issues with the storm water that your particular room was facing. I would like to invite you to speak with me so that we can address any outstanding issues and make up for a unpleasant experience.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have never had a worse hotel experience. First, when we got to our room, the door was wide open so anyone could have been in there. Then, around 3 in the morning there was a small fire in the boiler room, but the staff treated it like the building was engulfed in flames. They ran down the halls banging on doors yelling for everyone to evacuate the building, but the firemen said the evacuation wasn't necessary. The carpet floors were also quite damp in the rooms and hallways, it smelled of mold, and congested my sinuses, and there was no hot water in the morning so none of us could shower. The pool also had no water in it. I don't think the hotel deserves even one star.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Tonganoxie, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed over Thanksgiving. It was under construction at the time. While our room was dated, the price more than more than made up for it. The hot tub was awesome! The front desk staff were particularly sweet. Planning staying again in 2015!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Junction City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We experienced excellent front desk service from Cindy and Baylee. They accommodated us in every way possible. We will stay with them on any return trip. Our hope is the current owners will once again bring this hotel up to its original excellent standards. It's our favorite Hutch hotel, but does need a large amount of work, especially in the pool area. The hot tub is a delight and the pool is very adequate. Yet there is a large amount of unused space that needs to be repurposed or refurbished.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Dodge City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you want great customer service go to this hotel. Cindy is such a sweet person. She was extremely busy with the phones ringing and still smiled and gave us the best customer service. We had a great stay w

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Atrium Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!