“Poor quality” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Atrium Hotel and Conference Center

You added Atrium Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Atrium Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 North Lorraine, Hutchinson, KS 67501 (Formerly Ramada Hutchinson)   |
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hutchinson
Ralston, Wyoming
“Poor quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked a single king room and got a double full. The pictures on line give a great appearance if the hotel, but it is in need of maintenance. Only one pool was working and the hot tub had sand in the bottom. The breakfast was okay. The some of the staff was rude, housekeeping did not clean the rooms. They put out fresh towels and made our bed. I went to take a shower and found three used wash clothes hanging on the shower curtain rod. When I told housekeeping they told me, 'they yours.' This was a poor experience. Unfortunately my job booked the hotel and I was unable to transfer to another hotel. There were at least eight basketball teams there for the NJCAA tournament. I received housekeeping one time during my stay. I had to go and get new towels and linens from the desk. I had to get shampoo, soap, etc from a store. Just a horrible experience. You will definitely get what you pay for. I was next to the front desk and vending machines which kept me awake. No heater, I was informed that my room was heated by a boiler system and it was turned off for the year. The wifi was limited.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kansas City, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room is dated but clean. The shuttle pool was drained. Think it had been for a while. Only one pool open. Maintenance not top priority on hall, etc. Inexpensive for quick stay but if not cheap rate not worth it. Staff was friendly and room had frig and mic which was nice.

Stayed March 2015
Hutchinson, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I checked on March 7th . They did not have a room we wanted but assured us we could be moved as soon as possible. The next day we went to the front desk and talked to Emma and she keep us informed and had us moved as soon as a room came open. She knew we would be here for a couple of months and made sure we were comfortable. Very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: rooms in the back are quite
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Brady, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Most important thing that I would like to bring up will be about the customer service that I received at this particular hotel. The 2 people that I’m talking about is the maintenance man named Ed and the front deck worker named Tayler. Ed was the friendliest guy that I have ever met. He was amazing and so personable about how he could make our stay better. Next, I would like to talk about Tayler, not only did she make my family’s stay incredible, but if you took her ideas about the hotel and the pool area that needs real improvement, your hotel would have the whole package. Furthermore, as I woke up the next morning and I was blown away by how nice and helpful Shirley was in the continental breakfast area. Due to these awesome people I plan on staying at this hotel every 2 weeks from here on out. Thank you for your time.

Kyle J. Sisson

Room Tip: bottom floor in the pool area would be the best room location to stay in.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
DENVER
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

I made a quick turnaround trip to Hutchinson Kansas in December and just needed an inexpensive room. The Atrium is an old hotel / motel in a good location in Hutchinson.

The rate of $55 for a night is about as low as you can get! There are a few less in Hutch but they are questionable at best. If you are looking for a place to sleep and shower and that's it, the Atrium is a value.

I did read the negative comments before booking this room but I believe those people are a bit naive. What are your expectations for this low of a price? The room and shower were clean, the bed was hard. The towels were a bit crunchy.

The Atrium isn't a destination, if you consider it as that you'll be happy. If your expectations are higher you should be considering a $110 room at Comfort Inn and Suites next door

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Gregg W, Manager at Atrium Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2015
We would like to thank you for your review. We are pleased that we were able to provide your needs while in Hutchinson at a great value to you and your family. We would like to invite you to stay with us again.

Seneca, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2015

The front desk staff, especially Emma, was very friendly and helpful. The cleaning staff could do a better job as they left a dirty plate in my room and no shampoo. The hotel is being worked on so the pool was not operational, but I am sure when finished it will be awesome. My room was not remodeled yet but it was clean.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your review from your recent conference visit with us. We are working on the facility to make improvements. We are pleased that you are able to see some of the progress. Thank you for your wonderful comments about Emma being friendly and helpful. She will definitely enjoy hearing your feedback. Please visit us again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2015

I stayed in a family suite last weekend. The room was average, The Mickey Mouse TV in the adjoining room had an ear broken off the top. The king size bed was super comfortable, plenty of soft pillows, I suppose the Television in the main room could have been a bit bigger. Pool wise- water is FREEZING the kids area seems to need an inspection soon, my kids' eyes were red and swollen from chemicals in water. I wish the lazy river and the big water slides came back; however, the hot tub is heaven sent! Overall, I was satisfied with my stay. Taylor and Harry were very helpful and understanding when I asked to have a little extra time with my kids in the pool area. Housekeepers always greeted us and smiled, I appreciated them acknowledging us. During breakfast the next morning I feel Shirley did an excellent job making sure breakfast stayed stocked and one thing I admired from here was her smile. Thank you Atrium Hotel staff for making my family feel important, we appreciate it.

Room Tip: If you rent the spacious Celebration Suite, you just might want to stay longer!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for making a review. We are so happy that we were able to give you a memorable experience. Please visit us again.

Gregg Wahlers

Been to Atrium Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!