“My stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Hutchinson

Save Saved
You added Ramada Hutchinson to your Saves list
Ramada Hutchinson
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 North Lorraine, Hutchinson, KS 67501 (Formerly Grand Prairie Hotel & Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Hutchinson
Owensville
“My stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The bar was lacking in beer selections, but the food was good. My room only had decaf coffee.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

430 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Quinter, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My family (Myself, my husband, 11 & 6 year old children) had a room reserved here by a third party. We were in town for a track meet and hadn't been to the area before, so we thought we would just stay where the rest of the group was staying. We should have reserved our own room at a hotel brand I know and trust. There was nothing good about our stay.

Check In:
The gal that checked me in was not real pleasant. She wasn't mean, but she never smiled, never offered a hello, seemed irritated when I wanted to pay in cash...had a general air about her that shouted "I hate my job and do not want to be here".

The Pool:
The water in the big pool had a brown tinge and did not look healthy or sanitary at all. I reluctantly let my kids swim in it because the room(see below) was horrible. The pool area had a slight sewage smell, which gave me a horrible headache - don't know if it was chemical related or if there were actual sewage problems somewhere. The slides in the little kids pool could use a little tlc. The tables and chairs offered in the pool area could use a good wash down - the plastic on some of the chairs was black from being used and not cleaned.

The Room:
Room Number 222
Ugh. There are no other words. The ac in our room was not working. Our room was about 85 degrees with 85%+ humidity. It was miserable. The walls were dirty. The trim around the bottom of the walls was falling off. There was mold in the bathroom. The toilet barely flushed. The shower took about 20 minutes to drain. There is no counter space in the bathroom (not a big deal for us, but may be if you are spending any considerable amount of time here). We didn't have enough towels(3) or pillows for our family of 4. My husband walked down to ask the front desk for more of each and was told it would be a while because the rest of the hotel was asking for the same thing. About thirty minutes later, a man arrived with more towels, but no pillows. We didn't make another inquiry - we were already miserable and just hoped to get the night over with.

I looked for a comment card so I could leave it with the front desk when we checked out, but I couldn't find one.

I will not stay at this hotel again. I also will not recommend that anyone I know stay here.

The property has the potential to be really great, but until there are big changes made, its in the 'never stay again' file for my family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Where to start? The AC. They do not have room units like most modern hotels, instead they have 2 chiller units. One chiller has been constantly down. When I inquired about how long they have been having issues I was told "always". This is unexceptable for the price they charge for the rooms.
Their pool area is always brightly lit, has an open balcony running around the second floor, has half closed off for "renovations" which during our stay no one was working on it and it was nothing but a dirty, nasty eyesore.
The website claims they remodeled in 2011, they must mean that they put in new furnishings. The wall paper in our room was buckling and had clear water damage. The bathroom shower was missing most of the floor grips and had peeling of the paint/glazing on the shower walls. The toilet seat was broken and holding on by a hinge. One of the bed side lamps was pulling away from the wall and crooked. There is not enough outlets for today's demands. Infact they have 2 power strips placed in the room. One is meant for the mini fridge, TV, and microwave and the other I think is for the wall lamps. But it isn't needed.
The mini fridge was frozen solid and took over a day to defrost. It soaked the carpet while we were out for the day leaving the room humid to go with the heat.

Save your money and go else where. This hotel is neglegted, old, and way over priced.

Room Tip: Go to any other hotel in Hutchison.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Beverly D, Front Office Manager at Ramada Hutchinson, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give such detailed feedback from your recent stay with us. I am having trouble locating which room you stayed in and on what date. If you would like to provide this information to me at 620-669-9311, I will be able to look further into your concerns and make sure we follow up on each and every one of them. I assure you these are not common issues in our hotel and we want to make sure our guests are comfortable. Again, thank you!

Been to Ramada Hutchinson? Share your experiences!