“The room was fine - the kids loved the attached room...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Hutchinson

Save Saved
You added Ramada Hutchinson to your Saves list
Ramada Hutchinson
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 North Lorraine, Hutchinson, KS 67501 (Formerly Grand Prairie Hotel & Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Hutchinson

430 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Inman, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

On February 20 & 21 2013 I was snowbound in Hutchinson. Bad snowstorm with roads closed. I work just two blocks from the Ramada and stayed overnight on the dates mentioned.

The staff at the Ramada was awesome. Everyone was so kind, helpful and willing to make my stay comfortable. On Thursday AM the manager Mark gave a lift to work because my car was stuck. On Friday morning the staff shoveled out my car, warmed it up, brought it to the front and loaded my luggage. The food on Wednesday night in the sports bar/resturant was good. EXCELLENT SERVICE... thanks to all.

I appreciate all the staff from and want to thank them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Beverly D, Front Office Manager at Ramada Hutchinson, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We enjoyed having you stay with us here at the Ramada Conference Center in Hutchinson, KS! Our General Manager, Marc, shows such great leadership and was more than happy to make sure you got to work safely. He and our maintenance department, worked very hard in this snow storm getting the snow shoveled for our guest and warming up their cars! Everyone has definitely gone above and beyond in these freezing temperatures. We are very thankful to all our employees going that extra mile for our guest! We look forward to seeing you again!
Olathe, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

A conference I recently attended was held at this hotel. Had I known the condition of this hotel, I would have stayed at the Fairlawn just a block away. The lobby area was nice but as soon as I started walking down the corridor, I noticed that the hallway carpeting had numerous stains which should have given me my first clue. The ceilings were stained, the TV remote was missing, the breakfast area is cramped, there were hairs in the tub, the pillows were old and VERY flat (fortunately I brought my own!) and dirt was on the top of the toilet tank. The maintenance person who brought a replacement remote to my room stated that the previous guest would be charged for the missing remote but he didn't understand why as he frequently saw multiple remotes on the maid's carts.

The only accessible outlet is in the bathroom and the other I was able to get to was behind the refrigerator where a power strip was plugged in to the outlet. This one was accessed by leaning over the back of the chair and reaching behind the lamp.

The day after checking in it rained and water was gushing over the awning over the entrance even after the rain stopped.

The up side was that the shower had very good water pressure, the water was VERY hot and the bed was comfortable. The conference rooms were nice and the coffee provided was good.

This was all very surprising as the website states the hotel was remodeled in 2011. Based on my experience, I'm not sure what this "remodel" entailed. With other choices in the area in the same price range, I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Conference Center in Hutchinson, KS. As we continue to make improvements in the hotel, we were happy you found the new beds to be comfortable. We also recently installed the new televisions as well. Step by step, we are making improvements. All your areas of concern will be addressed to the department managers and we thank you for sharing your input. We realize that renovations take time and we hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to Hutchinson, KS.
DeKalb, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

At the end portion of 2012, we were in Hutchinson to see a family member in her last hours of life. We had booked via one of those "marketplace" options through my employer. After driving several hours straight, we wanted to check in just a bit early to freshen up, catch maybe an hour nap and then see our family. We were given the run around from the place that held our reservations. Frustrated and getting a bit of food, I spied the Ramada from the window at the local McDonalds. When I called I was greeted by a wonderful lady who was able to get us into a room immediately, give us a better rate and treated us wonderfully. Thank you Ramada for employing such a wonderful person as Beverly Darling, Front Office Manager. I hope that you give the recognition she deserves. Her actions and great care is what has prompted me to pull out my Ramada card to the top slot in my wallet. I encourage all to use this facility if they are visiting in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms have access from the outside. It is nice to be able to park right outside.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Beverly D, Front Office Manager at Ramada Hutchinson, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you so much for such kind words! We were happy to accommodate you! It was a pleasure meeting you and some of your family members during your stay! Thank you too, for the little angel you gave to me. She is beautiful and I will treasure her! We hope your next visit here is for a happier occasion and enables you to enjoy all that our hotel and city has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again at the Ramada Conference Center in Hutchinson, KS.

Been to Ramada Hutchinson? Share your experiences!