“AC/Heating needs help” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Atrium Hotel and Conference Center

You added Atrium Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Atrium Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 North Lorraine, Hutchinson, KS 67501 (Formerly Ramada Hutchinson)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Hutchinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Nashville, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I travel regularly for my job, and had a simply terrible hotel experience at the Ramada Conference Center. The hotel was worn and not particularly clean.

My bathroom doorknob and shower hooks had a bunch of masking tape around them, and the floors were gritty. The carpet felt damp. It's not particularly handicap-accessible.

I checked into my room after a long day of traveling and work, and was one of the speakers at the conference hosted in the Ramada. As I opened the door to my room, a blast of heat hit me like that from an oven door.

The heat was easily over 95 degrees. I immediately called down to the front desk, who said that they would send someone up to fix the problem. I left my room, came back an hour later and found no evidence that anything had changed. I called the front desk again, and the maintenance man came up...with a box fan. He opened the window, put the fan in front of it, and apologized. He basically said he thought I was exaggerating about the heat until he came up. He explained the hotel has a 2 pipe system: heat and cool. Not much variable.

As a woman staying alone, I did not want to sleep with the window open, but what choice did I really have?

I asked to be moved to a new room, but they explained they were full, and suggested no other solutions.

I slept miserably-- my pjs drenched in sweat, woke up 4 times in the night calling down to the front desk. They didn't offer to send up ice water or anything! Just suggested I talk to the manager in the morning and maybe he could take a little money off my room. Of course I wasn't planning to pay for this experience!

I talked to the manager the next morning, after getting 2 hours of sleep and having to present at the conference I was attending. He comped my room, said he was sorry, end of story. Boring.

Our meals at the conference were late and lackluster. The pool is under construction and seems dirty.

On the upside, there's a weird but interesting NASA Space theme in the pool area and there are space suited characters hung over the pool. That was the only reason to even walk into this property.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was travelling late when I arrived at this property only to discover it is very large. I drove the parking lot twice and saw many door with signs like entrance 5 or entrance 8 but could not decide which was the main door. Finally stopped at a door and entered what seemed to be a conference center. I walked by the bar and restaurant and many doors to large and small conference rooms. Finally I found the main desk and just beyond that was a very nice lobby and pool. When I say pool it was more like a water park. Large fountain, slide and other features that would make it great for kids. The staff was profesional and apologized for the problem finding the entrance. My reservation was ready and when they explained the room location I ask for a room with an outside door. They explained those rooms only had 3 queen beds and the king beds were located with inside access only. I choose to switch rooms since being close to my car outweighed the king bed. They made the change without any trouble or charge, offerred me a drink coupon for the bar and showed me the location and times of breakfast the next morning. The bar and food were good while the room was clean and in good repair. I had no one on either side of me for many rooms. It is clear this was once the hot spot in town. Years of decline and slowing economy have taken a toll on the property. It is still nice, clean and in decent repair so I will stay there again. It would have been a site to see in full glory.

Room Tip: Decide if you want a room with outside access or inside only then inform the desk. It seems they siz...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Atrium Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!