“A reasonable motel in a good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1315 E. 11th Ave., Hutchinson, KS 67501 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn - Hutchinson)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Hutchinson
Garden City, Kansas
“A reasonable motel in a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel isn't fancy from the outside, but is clean inside. Rates are reasonable and the staff is usually quite responsive to any requests/needs that you have. They have free wi-fi, coffeemaker, fridge and microwave in the room and a continental breakfast on the first floor lobby area, which is minimal, but filling. There is orange and apple juice, rolls and bagels, cereal, and coffee. Ice machine is on the 1st floor. It is close to the mall, numerous other stand alone retailers, strip malls and a variety of restaurants. It sits next to K-61 highway with easy access. The motel is not far from the Cosmosphere, Hutchinson zoo and the Salt Museum.

Room Tip: I would request a first floor room because there is no elevator in this motel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel is horrible. It is run down. Our room smelled. The bed was old, worn out and very uncomfortable. Unfortunately I had looked at photos online that did not represent the room we received. The curtain rod was wrapped in duct tape. Don't stay here!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We made our reservations weeks in advance on line for a first floor room because we are handicapped. When we got there, the place was nasty and there was no handicapped parking. There were also no rooms available on the first floor! We were given a second floor room and all the other rooms around us were full of noisy construction workers. Our room was small and cramped and the bathroom was terrible and dirty. Never again!

Room Tip: Stay away from the Econo Lodge.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

my 2 children & I stayed here one (we live 5 hrs away) and it was the only place that had rooms at the time i needed. we checked in around 1pm and the lobby was gross and run down, there was broken glass all over the sidewalk (which i told the front desk lady about, and it was still there the next day) we get to our room and i had to kill a spider on one of the pillows, and some sort of beetle in the bathroom. we went to the front desk and asked for a different room bc im not sleeping in a place where spiders and bugs are. The new room wasnt any better. i killed a total of 7 beetles in less than 2 hours. the a/c unit took forever to cool the room down (we turned it on around 6pm and it started finally cooling down around 5am. our room smelled like smoke and just nastiness (we had a "non smoking" room) the beds were also hard and all 3 of us woke up sore, we had a room on the 1st floor and randomly through out the night we would hear somebody knocking on our window.. so needless to say no sleep for any of us that night .. just thought id share this fun time with others so hopefully it will help somebody.... the staff was friendly though so i guess that was plus they had on their side.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rogers, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

What a dump! Those were my exact words when I walked into the room. It was the ONLY place with a room available which is why we stayed there. The blankets smelled of smoke even though it was a non smoking room. My husband went to the desk and they gave him different blankets - that ALSO smelled of smoke. The place is very, very run down. I opened the dresser drawer and it promptly fell thru the bottom of the dresser. Everything was very rickety and smelled.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I am sitting here in my ugly dirty room. I used my choice points and had to book here at the Econo because all the other choice hotels were booked for the state fair. I knew Econo would not be as nice as Comfort Inn and Suites but this is the worst Econo I have ever stayed in. The hotel smell of smoke even though they have no smoking rooms. It took forever for the hotel to figure out I was booking 2 seperate rooms. One with points the other with credit card for my in-laws. The keys will not stay keyed. We have been gone since 8:00 this morning and I have come back at 2pm and our room is still not cleaned!!!! I called the front desk (which by the way is always left unmanned...you have to call zero to bring the person up to the desk!) but I called down to request towels since they have not cleaned...stated to the lady it had not been cleaned and she really could of cared less. We had to bring our dirty towels down in order to get new ones. So do yourself a favor and stay any where else but here. I am a seasoned traveler and this is one of the worst places I have ever stayed in. I am embarrassed that my family has to endure this place.

Room Tip: Run away from this hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night - perfect location with quick access to restaurants, shopping and the Cosmosphere. The only downfall of the hotel was the shabby lobby and the hallway carpet. They were quite dated, and as your first impression, not the best. Once we got into our room, we were pleasantly surpised at the updated interior.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!