“Great Rates, some rooms have 3 double beds - Great for Families!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Host Hutchinson

Budget Host Hutchinson
You added Budget Host Hutchinson to your Saves list
Budget Host Hutchinson
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15 W. 4th Ave, Hutchinson, KS 67501   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Hutchinson
Hastings, Nebraska
“Great Rates, some rooms have 3 double beds - Great for Families!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The property is older, but the staff is very accommodating and the beds were very comfortable. We travel everywhere with ear plugs, so didn't notice any traffic noise at all. Kids loved the pool. Bonus was saving an extra room expense because we all fit comfortably into one room with 3 double beds!

Room Tip: Stairs are steep if you have mobility issues. Ask for a room with 3 beds if traveling with your fam...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Manhattan, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Its not located close to the main shops but I like how its close to Main Street and there's lots of cool downtown shops around. Yes it looks a little shaddy and old but I love the room that is clean and there's a HEATER in the bathroom!!!!!! Comfy bed, good shower, nice couch, variety of TV shows, and many more. Good price for the night! and Military discount

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Lubbock, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

VERY old property that probable was a Holiday Inn or Travelodge in it's early life and definitely needs some updating. While it was tolerable, the location is right downtown on a busy street and our room was on the outside and was quite noisey.
Lobby is worn and not too welcoming nor was the attendant who never seemed to be at the desk whenever we needed something.
Save yourself the time in the morning and skip the "full breakfast"...and head for the McDonalds two blocks away.
On the positive side, the rates were good but I think next time I would consider paying more money for more quality.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not facing the street.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

A group of us stayed at this motel last year at fair time. The price was elevated way to high during the state fair (almost double). The motel wouldn't be my first choice to stay at, but if it was only one in town, I would stay there again. We had problems with the front door, the toilet wouldn't work and had cleanness issues. It is in desperate need of remodeling. An air conditioner caught on fire 2 doors down. The pool was filthy, it may have been closed for the season, but had bottles and cans in it. The breakfast was good and the staff was friendly and helpful. I was embarrassed since I booked the rooms for a group of us. We are all staying somewhere else this year.

Stayed September 2006
wichita
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2006

My family rented the suite for the hot tub. The room was overpriced at $125.00. The front desk was ok at 1st and brought two roll away beds for my kids. The problems began when the water in the room was brown. My husband complained and was told that the pipes were at the other end of the building and just to let the water run. It took 45 minutes before the water began to run clear and it never completely did. We decided to fill up the jacuzzi to see...the water was so brown and there was a film, not to mention the excessive amount of short curly hair floating on top(ewww!)plus cig. burns on the top.The mirrors were foggy looking, and the tops of all of the pictures were covered in sheet rock dust. The bathroom door was broke, cig. holes on the sheets, mismatched wood trim(white and brown), horrible! It was also noisy and was by an alley and a major intersection where we heard tires peeling and truck brakes all night. The maid knocked before check out time. and when we complained, we were told, "Sorry buddy".

Stayed October 2006
Lawrence,KS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2006

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF. The idea the meaning of hospitality is clearly lost on the operators .
The ROOMS might have been nice in the 70's...but have not been kept up since.
ROOM SERVICE..asked for new sheets/towels after room was supposedly serviced but NO SERVICE.
SECURITY...when you have keep one eye open & one eye shut through the night because the parking lot is full of people at 11:30pm. Not a good feeling to have when you are with kid's.
BOTTOM LINE...STAY ANY WHERE BUT HERE even if its a few more $. You will be happy and thank me latter.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
Wichita, KS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2005

My boyfriend and I were taking some motorcylce education courses in Hutchinson, and just need a place to crash at the end of the day (no pun intended). I found this hotel online for a fairly cheap rate (about $50 with taxes). Seemed fine since we weren't going to spend much time there. Well we get there late on Friday and check in.

Big line of people mostly people complaining about the bugs. The check in girl was very nice and curtious to all the people including us. We got check in alright and were off to our room. They must have had a baseball tournament in town because there were probably two to three baseball teams running around and goofing off outside (we arrived at about 10:00pm). Not much the hotel can do about that except maybe to tell them to get out of the middle of the parking lot and calm down.

Well we get into our room with one king size bed. Overall the room was below average. The carpet was kinda gross, the first time we used the sink the knob for the hot water completely fell apart in my hand. The shower spray was so hard it hurt and you could never get it to spray anything but super hot or super cold. Now I had no real expectations coming into the place, but the room was really bad. In the end my boyfriend and I just kinda laughed it off, and were like what are you gonna do now. I guess it served its purpose and we made it out okay, all be it with a few slight burns from the shower.

Another thing that is funny is on expedia they offer a room with a 2 person jacuzzi, I would be very reluctant as to what that is exactly. Probably just a bathtub. I guess I should have asked if I could see it.

• Stayed June 2004
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hutchinson
Atrium Hotel and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hutchinson
#2 of 12 in Hutchinson
5.0 of 5 stars 9 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hutchinson

Been to Budget Host Hutchinson? Share your experiences!