“Plumbing problems” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Hutchinson

You added Super 8 Hutchinson to your Saves list
Super 8 Hutchinson
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1621 Super Plaza, Hutchinson, KS 67501 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hutchinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Anderson, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was an extra nice super 8. There were little extras, like a lap desk on the bed. The foyer had lots of comfortable chairs, with an alcove that had a computer and more chairs. The breakfast had scrambled eggs, sausage, two kinds waffles [yes, really] and even the orange juice was good! Would recommend this place!

Room Tip: We requested a quiet room in the back.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Magnolia, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was truly disappointed with the hotel, room, and service. I would never stay in a super 8 hotel again! Also, my son left his personal pillow in our room at check out. He called back and spoke with who ever answered the front desk and said nothing was found in our room #116. The floor had patchwork on the carpet, bathroom was disgusting, dirty, and the water in the tub kept dripping. Overall it just appeared dirty! The only reason I stayed was there were no other hotel rooms available. I also requested 2 queen beds for me and my son but they only had a king size bed. All other queen beds were smoking rooms...really...most hotels don't even offer smoking rooms anymore!

Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel was decently priced. We paid $79.99 + tax for a double queen room. When we first entered the room, there was a smell. After opening the window and turning on the fan, it seemed to go away. The room seemed clean until we went into the bathroom. There was mold in the shower, nasty stains on the shower curtain and hairballs under the sink. My parents were staying in a room 2 floors up and they did not have this problem. We complained about it and they refunded us 25%. If I knew the room would be clean, I would stay there again, but the bathroom grossed me out and don't think I will take that chance again.

DODGE CITY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The property was easily accessible. The ramp to the second floor was excellent as my wife had recently had knee surgery. The room was clean and comfortable.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2015

Bed was 54 inches not 60 inches.Wi-Fi wouldn't work, upon telling them of this they said yeah we had a storm Monday and it hasn't worked since, this was Thursday. A/C wouldn't blow, it had a thick,gross build-up of filth over the coils where a filter should have been. When I informed them of this I was handed a rag ad a bottle of spic-n-span, so now I have become housekeeping on my trip. Upon returning from getting the cleaner given to me my wife ad son had returned from the vending machine and both bottles of pop they had bought were out of date. When I told them about this they said they weren't in of the ending machines. Hey guess what, if they are on your property you can make them keep you in current date refreshments. Just one more detail they had paid no attention to and could care less about anything than getting your money. I had recently had a procedure done on my back so I had requested a handicap room to help with getting in and out of the tub. When I went to use the grab bar to get out of the tub it came out of the wall as it was only attached to drywall not anything of support. When I took the barrage of inadequacy to the manager the next morning she starts by telling me no one else has ever complained. Well that to begin with is unbelievable, but as I told her even if they hadn't I a was here with legitimate complaints. Well the grab bar is not for supporting your weight she told me, uhh yeah it kind of is, it sure isn't a pretty decoration. So I saw this was going nowhere so I asked for the regional manager and she told me there wasn't one let's just talk this out, then she goes right back to denying anything I said was a real concern. I told her I didn't have time to waste getting the run around I had an itinerary to keep. I travel and stay at a hotel 10-12 times per year and can say this is exceedingly, by far the filthiest, worst kept, poorly ran hotel i have ever stayed at. I should have know something was a miss when I went to check in and they charged me then (even with a card on file for the reservation) I liken the experience to what i would imagine a motel is like only you walked inside instead of parking outdoors. Avoid this place with great peril.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Andy P, General Manager at Super 8 Hutchinson, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Robert, I am so sorry you were so unhappy here!
I wanted to let you know that I went to room 102 5 minutes ago and used a tape measure on both beds in the room. They were 60 inches wide and 80 inches long. So as you requested on your reservation you had a ground floor room with 2 queen size bed's.
I also looked up your reservation and I'm afraid it did not request anywhere for a handicap room. You only asked for "A ground floor room as I have recently undergone back surgery" As we are a Hotel we do try to understand our guest need's and when we see something like that under the comments we do everything in our power to give the guest what they asked for, as with your case.
As far as the A/C you told the Front Desk Clerk to give you a rag and cleaner and you would do it your self because she was busy, and you wanted to go to sleep. I understand it was not your job to do so and I am glad that you were nice enough to offer. The Desk Clerk showed me the rag with some dirt in it. No it was not clean and I am so sorry for that. We have talked with our staff, and in fact we are almost finished with taking out all of the A/C unit's and deep cleaning them.
As far as the Soda Machine, I do apologize for that. As I'm sure you are aware the only way we as the Hotel can be sure of the date's would be to look at each bottle as they are put in. We put our trust in the Vendor that they look at that, as we do not have the time to look at every bottle put in the machine. We have since changed our vending company for our Soda and Candy Machine's. We do have them here as a courtesy for our guest's, however we as the Hotel staff have no control over them.
As far as the "grab bar" in the bathroom, I'm afraid it is a towel rack not a grab bar. All of our Handicap room's have a grab bar but the regular room's do not.
We did have some problems with our Wi Fi , as you know being in business you can not always get what you need as fast as you need it. Because we had had a major storm here a few day's prior the computer people we use were all out on other call's. We did have someone here as fast as we could though.
I understand that the A/C was dirty however, the room itself was not.

Andy P
Manager Super 8
Hutchinson Kansas

Been to Super 8 Hutchinson? Share your experiences!