“Nice Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Hutchinson
Shawnee, Kansas, United States
“Nice Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay in this new hotel. Everything was clean and up to date. The beds were super comfortable and the staff was very friendly. We have previously stayed in another hotel in Hutchinson and had terrible experiences. We will definitely be staying here from now on. Highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lacey D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hutchinson, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Kelly,

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites on your recent trip to Hutchinson. We're honored to receive great feedback from our guests and we look forward to your return trip to Hutchinson. Safe Travels!

Lacey Depenbusch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Fairfield back in the beginning of November while visiting my mother. At check in I was checked in by a girl who seemed like she had better things to do than be checking me in. After I took my luggage to my room I noticed that there wasn't an alarmclock in my room. I called the front desk to ask for a wake up call at 6am the next morning to take my mother in for surgery. I never received my wake up call and did not have an alarm clock so I woke up at 8am. I did not have time to get ready and left in a hurry. When I got back that evening I spoke to a young woman who claimed to be the manager. I told her about the events during my stay so far and why I was not happy with the front desk staff. I felt as though she was shrugging me off, and all I was getting from her was excuses. Not once did I receive an apology. I was completely put off by her and the rest of the staff's lack of professionalism. The rest of the hotel was nice looking enough until you got close. The hotel looks as though it was rushed. There was wallpaper peeling, scrapes on the walls, and nicks poorly covered in the breakfast area among other defects that were signs of shotty workmanship. As for location, it was a pain trying to enter the hotel parking lot when heading north on Lorraine after that long light, there were always a line of cars blocking the entrance. The Hampton my be older but they will definitely be getting my business from now on.

• Stayed November 2012
Lacey D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hutchinson, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hello Aeonessa,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us and I truly apologize for the less than satisfactory service you received during your recent visit with us. We strive to give our guests a 'Perfect 10' stay and we clearly fell below your expectations. I would like to have an opportunity to visit with you directly regarding your stay with us so if you could reach out to me at the hotel directly I would appreciate it. We thank you again for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Hutchinson and we hope to have another opportunity to show you the excellent service that guests come to expect at a Marriott branded hotel!
Meade, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Great experience staying in this new hotel. Very upscale looking which we enjoyed. Comfortable beds. Extra friendly employees and everyone seemed to be trained in their jobs. Would certainly stay there again and would recommend it to all ages. Breakfast well presented.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lacey D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hutchinson, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you very much for this wonderful review! Our staff strives on presenting excellent customer service to our guests and they will be happy to hear your nice comments.

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites; we're here for your future accommodations on your next trip to Hutchinson, Kansas!
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I love the place. What a nice hotel. I could not ask for anything better. I stay in hotel/motels at least 160 nights per year. This is a great addition to the community. I used to stay at another place here in Hutchinson, which I have given several horrible reviews. The other place can take their unpriority points and stick them. The Fairfield is clean, friendly, accommodating, and cares about the customers. I am in Hutchinson every other month for three nights. This will be my home in Hutch from now on.

Room Tip: Forget the other Hutchinson hotels and book your rooms here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Welcome to the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Mike! We are glad that you have chosen to stay at our hotel and we're happy to assist you with your future accommodations in Hutchinson. I look forward to visiting with you on your next visit -- Safe Travels!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a really slick looking, freshly constructed hotel that I absolutely recommend staying at. There were a few drawbacks I mentioned in my post-hotel survey that I want to include here. They're nowhere near dealbreakers, just want to note them.

Let's start with the good! Like I said, the aesthetics are A+. Really modern and bright colors in the rooms. And the furniture in the room is very nice and comfortable too. The staff is really friendly as well. I really appreciated the woman who checked me in calling up to see if everything was ok in my room. This place also has a pool and a workout room that all seem fresh and new. Definitely go here.

Onto the not-so-good. I wasn't in love withe the complimentary breakfast. It was just not that appetizing, aside from the cereal. I'm not a fan of the fluorescent lighting in the room. It's nice that' they're energy conscious, but it's not conducive to relaxation. What about the bed side lamp? Can they at least get a yellow colored fluorescent?

Next, the parking lot situation is poorly designed. I first pulled into the northern-most lot and parked my car. After 4 hours of driving, all I wanted to do was check in and relax. Instead I found I had to walk through wet grass and over gravel to get to an accessible door. I mentioned in my review to them that signage would help, as would some sort of walkway.

Finally, here is my LEAST favorite thing about the stay. The door to my room went all the way to the carpet. On night 2, when staff delivered my bill to my room, I was woken up at 4AM (FOUR A M) to someone trying and trying and trying to wedge it under there and not doing very well. It felt like this went on for minutes. Imagine waking up to hear, "scrape scrape scrape" coming from somewhere in your room.

At first it scared the hell out of me, like someone was there in the room with me. I finally had to get up and pull the rest of it through the door on my own. There has got to be an alternative to that form of delivery. Has nobody yet mentioned that this is terrible?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
lyndon, kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Its a new hotel, so it was very clean of course, The staff was very nice and helpful. The beds were comfy and we enjoyed our stay. The breakfast could have been better, but I dont pick hotels for the free breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a new hotel, all is clean and new ,very bright and colorful . However the bugs have not been worked out. Our family (16people) stayed for 2 nights for a family get together and 50th birthday party. We loved the breakfast area for playing cards and visiting with eachother however the lobby furnature is not comfortable to sit in. The staff are friendly . We experienced problems with room doors not opening and the staff had trouble too. Even the maids could not open the door sometimes. This was very inconvienet and should not happen. The pool is open 7am to 11pm and is nice but the pool is very small , the hot tub is nice sized but the water smelled like old gym socks or mold and milldew that is not good !!!!!!!! The breakfast was nice and had all the basics however for rooms over $100 they could do better I think the Jimmy dean biscuts were ok but being frozen then in the refrig for days the biscuit was sticky not flakey the muffins were just ok too. I would recommend this hotel with a warning that if the hottub or breakfast are important you could do better at Hampton Inn . Sleep quality suffered because you could hear people runing around upstairs. I liked the chair height toilet and bathroom is well designed the rooms are large and have a micro and frig. they have 3 pillows per bed and with 4 of us in the room we would have liked 2 more pillows . also the pillows were too fluffy they did not suport our heads we had to fold them in 1/2 to hold our heads up.

Room Tip: top floor would be best because you can hear the people walking around upstairs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hutchinson? Share your experiences!