“Neat place downtown” 4 of 5 stars

15 E 4th Ave, Hutchinson, KS 67501   |
Ranked #9 of 13 hotels in Hutchinson
“Neat place downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed labor day weekend and had a blast. We didn't have reservations, just walked up and inquired about rates and they were kind enough to let us view room before deciding. Rooms are very clean and comfortable with micro and fridge. No noise problems. Only negatives to report are the lack of parking and pool was closed. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

when i checked in explained i had just had a heart attack and would need a phone to use in my room to arrange getting home to DC. They had the phone locked to only local calling. 2 trips to the office didn't get the phone unlocked. then it was explained that they got burnt by some customers huge LD bill. I showed them my calling card and protested it wasn't my problem. Than one wall of electric outlets blew when i plugged in my razor. They couldn't seem to find the breaker. When mgr found out it was me, the phone guy, she asked me to leave.By then i was glad to leave. I found a nicer cheaper motel up the street for next 2 nites with no problems

Room Tip: a void this place
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Very nice clean and comfortable hotel for the rate it is.jay and his family r very nice and patient..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed here 3 nights and enjoyed it very much. My room came with everything I needed and more. Ironing board, washer/dryer, Free wifi, swimming pool, best prices in town and its right across the street from McDonald's. The owner "Jay" seemed very nice and helpful and even got me a discount with my AAA card.

If I had to give a complaint I would have to say its that its a little close to the train tracks.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Lawrence, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

Ok, the Ritz this is not but you want clean, comfortable with a good location then you got it and all at a great value ($45 not incl. tax). The owner and his wife are very nice and hospitable and they run a nice family run motel. It even has a small swimming pool. There is ironing boards in the room and even free wi-fi. The bed was comfortable and McDonald's was right across the street. They serve coffee in the lobby and there is even some cereal and milk if you want to grab a quick breakfast. I would stay again but the down side (and they do not outweigh the positives!) include very small parking lot, proximitiy to the train tracks and the clientele include construction workers who tend to barbecue and party in the parking lot and are quite loud. (Not the owner's fault mind you). I slept great and was ready for the day. Rooms even included fridge and microwave. Try getting that at the Motel 6 for this price! Thanks!

Room Tip: Ask for Jay.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

I stayed here for over a week and was very pleased. The staff was friendly and always helpful. The rooms are clean and affordable. The pool is great, the location is centrally located for dinning, attractions and shopping. i would defineately stay here again!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Stigler, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I traveled with my daughter and granddaughter. Yes the motel is downtown Hutchinson. We never did find the ice machine. Across the street from Mcdonald's and down the alley to Dairy Queen. We were well-treated by all of Jay's family. The pool was working and my family enjoyed using it. I was given the access code for the internet when I checked in. Jay knew when I was suppose to be checking in(with my family) and turned the air-conditioner on--so the room was cool when we got to the room. They could use more parking, but we never had a problem with parking always room to park. The staff was friendly and helpful when we needed more towels. The bed were comfortable and the rooms were clean. I will be back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Astro Motel? Share your experiences!