“Beautiful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Josephine

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Holton
Hotel Josephine
You added Hotel Josephine to your Saves list
501 Ohio Avenue, Holton, KS 66436   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Holton
California
“Beautiful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

Hotel Josephine - great value for the price. Not much in the city, so the hotel had to make up for it. Recommend staying here - great staff, good location, antique rooms - a true delight (for this CA girl). Thank you to the management...

Stayed June 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Crystal River, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2006

I really enjoyed my stay.The hotel was very beautiful and the staff was very friendly and helpful.I was in a tractor trailer rollover accident that night needed a place to stay the staff was excellent they made a bad situation a little easier.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2006

We stayed at this historic inn in December of 05 and had a great time. The staff had the hotel beautifully decorated and it made me think of a Norman Rockwell holiday painting. This inn is undergoing renovation, the refinished rooms look great but still retain a historic flair. We were told by management that the upper floor will tie into the historic western theme of Kansas, Dalton room etc, while the main floor retains the Victorian era feel. Holton also has a neat town square with a courthouse in the middle surrounded by shops and stores. We had a great stay and really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed December 2005
Hutchinson, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2006

We just stayed here for the first time. I didn't think the wife of the owner was very friendly, but he was. She didn't let us choose our room, like he said we could. The heater didn't work - - it just blew cold air. The room was very clean and decorated great, but not very sound proof. We could hear EVERYONE and EVERYTHING. The next morning when we checked out, they didn't ask if we had a great stay or anything. Just took the key. The breakfast was not your typical B&B meal. The only thing hot was the make them yourself waffles. All the rest was cold stuff. For the price, I was disappointed. We stay at B&B's probably 10-12 times a year, and this one just didn't meet up to my expectations.

• Stayed January 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2005

We stayed 2 nights in 2 different rooms. The facts are listed below:

* Heaters are extremely noisy, if they are working at all
* Extension cords every where, fire hazard in my opinion
* About got scalded in the shower and then out shot COLD water
* Rooms are VERY dingy
* Can hear everything when in the room. Cars driving by, other people walking around in the hotel, very noisy.
* Beds were comfortable
* Sheets were clean
* Lobby is beautiful
* On our second night we were supposed to have a queen bed. When I went and asked about it I was told that they don't have any queen beds in the hotel. Funny, I had slept in one the night before.

In my opinion NOT worth the money. I was told that it used to be around $35 for a room. Now it is over $75 a night. If it were around $25 a night it would be acceptable, but not for the amount that they are asking. We were not going to stay a second night but there were no other hotels any where in Holton so guess it is better than staying outside when it is around 10 degrees.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2004

It is the most beautiful hotel we ever stay at. We stay here everytime we are in the area. I will recommend it to everyone.

Been to Hotel Josephine? Share your experiences!