“Repeat Customer” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hillsboro
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
“Repeat Customer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Country Haven Inn is a small town hotel so no luxury, but it's always been clean and very affordable. We typically stay there when visiting family and always have had a good experience. The staff is friendly, helpful and very accommodating. I would recommend this place if you are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My horrible nightmare trip turned around with the hospitality of the staff at Country Haven Inn. I was traveling alone with my 3 month old daughter and my dog back home to Texas. My car broke down and I spent 2 nights here. The manager let me check in early, gave me a room close to the door so I could take my dog out, offered to carry things for me to help me out, etc. This was during the February snow storm, and as I was not the only traveler stuck in Hillsboro, another staff member cooked us dinner and brought it from his house! It was so awesome to have people care and go out of their way for me. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone traveling thru and would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to the wonderful staff. :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
M
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The inn is remarkably clean, was so silent that I never heard a thing from our room, and the staff are friendly. There is a free breakfast in the morning that is on par with other places in the same price range. The only disappointment with this place is that the wi-fi went down and was down for at least 24 hours. It was still down when we left. Be warned, the staff at the front desk said that it often goes down, and they have no idea how to fix it when it does.

Apple Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is our third stay at Country Haven, Hillsboro. And once again they continue to set the bar higher. I can not complain about one thing here. The hotel is spotless, the staff are the friendliest, very warm and hospitable! Rooms are spacious, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast is delicious and generous. There is literally nothing that needs improvement, this is genuine hospitality, we always look forward to staying here!!

Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I found the staff to be friendly and helpful, the rooms clean and well maintained, the breakfast was hot and fresh, and the operators of the hotel were concerned about conservation and the environment. All aspects of the rooms were fantastic - beds firm, sheets clean and fresh, pillows fluffy, no signs of any items in need of repair.
Beyond providing the "basic necessities" of a stay the staff provided a great resource of what was available not only in Hillsboro but the neighboring towns as well. Our son is a student at Tabor and getting settled into the dorms and the staff helped tremendously in offering advice of where to find various items our son needed. They patiently answered all of my questions. We came in on the New Year's Day holiday and they made sure that all was ready for our stay.
Many thanks and we look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: They have a very nice bar b que on the site that offers guests a chance to sample the handmade sausa...
Fresno, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

As the parent of a Tabor student, I have stayed here several times and have not encountered any problems. The breakfast has a nice variety. There is a fast food restaurant, gas station, grocery store, and dollar store located within a block. It's a quiet friendly hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The Country Haven Inn in Hillsboro, Kansas is a nice hotel and very convenient when you visit students attending Tabor College. It is always very clean and the staff is friendly and eager to assist guests if they need something. The breakfast is nice and it is helpful to have a computer available.

Room Tip: We always request a room on the ground floor so we don't have to carry everything upstairs, but...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Haven Inn Hillsboro? Share your experiences!