“Comfortable, friendly, clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Hays
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Comfortable, friendly, clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have been travelling between Colorado and Texas several times a year for several years. We do not have to think or try to find a hotel for the trip. The Comfort Inn and Suites in Hays is where we always stop. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are always clean and the beds are comfortable. The rooms are quiet and you do not hear the noise of other guests. The buffet breakfast has choices that appeal to everyone, whether you want a full breakfast or a lighter one. The hotel is located close to the freeway and near several restaurants and a shopping area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathleen K, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Kathy we here at the comfort Inn, Hays,Ks. want to Thank You for the continued loyalty & support. It is good to hear that we continue to meet your needs. Our staff continues to do their best. Our housekeepers are proud of their rooms. See you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dieterich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Pulled into Hays Ks after a VERYlong day driving. Chose this hotel based on the fact that we had had very good luck with this chain on our 2 week vacation to the west coast. Check in was easy. Breakfast was adequate. But the room oh the room. Door to bathroom would not close. Hinges loose, door hanging. Air conditioner fan squeaked so loud it was unusable. Dirt scum ring in bathtub and to top it all off, old coffe in the coffee pot.luckily I had something with me that I could wash the coffee pot with. Probably should have asked for a new room but we had already unpacked and we were exhausted. Just hoped they had really changed the sheets. Management really needs to have a meeting with housekeeping and maintainence.

• Stayed August 2013
We would like to apologize for the condition of your room. This is not our standards. We did take care of the problems. But I can be positive by saying that the sheets were clean. Every so often things do get forgotten. But the staff are trying the very best they can to never have it happen again. We do hope you will give us another chance to make things right with you.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time staying here. I arrived late evening without a reservation and was welcomed like a new friend. The room was clean. You could tell the hotel was not brand new but I thought it was well kept. The hallways looked clean and smelled fresh. Breakfast was well stocked. No complaints on my end.

• Stayed August 2013
We here at the Comfort Inn, Hays, Ks. are glad to hear you had a good stay with us. We want you to feel like your family here. We try to keep the rooms & hallways to all look clean and smell fresh. Hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice property just off I-70 with several good choices of restaurants just across the road and a Walmart a block away.
Our group had a problem resulting from a miscommunication. I witnessed the manager personally do much physical labor to correct the problem. This property obviously focuses on customer service and making things right. A hard-to-find commodity today.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for understanding the miscommunication. I as a manager understand that you, my guest are very important part of our lives. You are not just a guest here at Comfort Inn, Hays ,Ks., your our friend & family. We will do what ever it takes to make things right for you. Hope to see you & your group for your next event.
Southport, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This could be a nice hotel. The rooms seemed a little tired, the bggest parking lot is dirt or badly broke pavement. The breakfast was okbut not enough seating. The worst part was the dirty carpet. I know that sometimes the crpet looks clean but isn't and because of that I have special socks (white) that I wear around the room. I put on a clean pair and by morning they were black. I was the dirtest carpet we hit in the 7 weeks we were on the road. Their sister hotel is the Sleep Inn and from the outside it looked pretty tired.
On another note the room tax in Hays is very high (approx. 15% total). I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We are sorry the carpet was dirty. They are hard to keep up with sometimes. I did take your comments very serious and shampooed that day. I am sorry that I neglected to take care of this prior to your arrival. For I as the Manager take full blame for not getting this done. I do hope you give us another chance. As for the parking area that is gravel is not part of us. But we are allowed to use it.

Travelers are raving about these Hays hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The facility was nice and the room was clean. It was adequately stocked for a Comfort Inn. The backdoor was broken so you could only enter from the front of the hotel which was inconvenient since my room was at the far end of the hotel. The staff was nice. The breakfast however was lacking, in that the pastries were stall and not very appetizing overall. It is convenient to shopping and several restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathleen K, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at the Comfort Inn, Hays, Ks. We went now with a different brand of pastries. I'm sure you will find them much better. We did let the housekeeper that cleaned your room know she was doing a good job. My staff and I hope to have you visit us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Spent the night there. Nice comfortable room. Close to the interstate and several resturants nearby. The Continental Breakfast was the usual fare. But many places we have stayed lately serve only the bare minimum; whereas the Comfort Inn does serve hot food. It is worth a good night's sleep.

Stayed June 2013
Glad your room was comfortable and the hot breakfast met your needs.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites North? Share your experiences!