“Fantastic Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3503 Vine Street, Hays, KS 67601 (Formerly Knights Inn Hays)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Hays
Colorado
“Fantastic Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I made a reservation at 10:00PM for the same night for my husband as he was driving through Kansas with a large trailer and I asked if there was a place where he could park the truck and trailer and was told "yes". The owner or manager actually came out of the hotel and helped my husband with parking the truck and trailer. The hotel was very clean and had a great breakfast in the morning. My husband ended up staying there the next night coming home with a tractor.

Room Tip: Great place to stay!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Sean P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 2 days ago
It was great to read your TripAdvisor review of a few days back and myself and the whole team thank you for your very kind comments.

It was great to read that your husband enjoyed every part of the stay and in particular the Service, attentiveness and breakfast.

It was great to have your husband with us again the very next day and we look forward to having the chance to look after you and your husband on your next trip to Hays.

Cheers

Sean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Crossing Kansas from Mid MO to the Rockies usually requires a stop with kids. We've found many towns along I-70 to be family friendly, but Hays might be the best. This Econo Lodge was affordable, clean, quiet, and the double room was spacious and had a mini fridge. It served our needs perfectly and we will probably use this motel again when we make this trek.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Sean P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Many thanks for your TripAdvisor review subsequent to your recent stay at EconoLodge in Hays and we are all so pleased to read how much you enjoyed "EVERY" facet of your stay with us :)

It is our every intention that each of our guests thoroughly enjoy their stay and reading your review, we our proud to have reach our goal.

We very much hope that you will be back to see us soon and in the meantime wish you and your family an amazing Easter ahead.

Cheers

Wellsville, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is the third year in a row that we have stayed during the state wrestling tournament and the owner keeps making improvements and continues to provide excellent service to the guests. The first year we stayed it was a new owner just getting started. Each year we have seen improvements, some cosmetic such as paint and minor repairs but this year we saw new beds and new heat/AC units and new tables and chairs in the breakfast area.

The continental breakfast has great selections from breads, bagels, pastries to cereals and oatmeal to eggs and sausage to waffles and they do a great job keeping the everything stocked.

The owners and staff go out of there way to make the experience as comfortable and convenient as home.

Thanks for everything. We will be back next February!

Todd

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Sean P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for posting your stay review of EconoLodge in Hays KS

The whole team were delighted to read your Tripadvisor review and it was fantastic to see the pride they take in receiving such fantastic comments.

It was lovely to read how much you had enjoyed our improvement and we are so pleased to read that you have been chosing us for last 3 years.

It will be great to see you again next year and thank you once again for such amazing comments.

Warmest regards

Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Room had outside door and was ground level near a grassy area for dogs. Room seemed clean, but as we were leaving we found a fruit loop left by a previous traveler. Room was clean enough that my dog did not feel the need to mark his territory. If I was traveling again with my dog, I would stay here again. If I was not bringing him, I would stay somewhere else. Also used the WiFi - worked wonderfully for streaming a movie with Netflix!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Sean P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Good afternoon from EconoLodge Hays,
Many thanks indeed for completing your TripAdvisor review after your recent visit to us.
It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed our facilities and our complimentary high speed internet and also that you look forward to coming back to us in the future.

We have taken careful note of the cleanliness that you noticed while leaving.

I was obviously sorry to read that you were disturbed by a fruit loop that was possibly missed by my housekeeping staff.

I agree that our staff failed to notice that while cleaning and again we apologize for that. As you can see from all other reviews that we are ranked pretty good in cleanliness , this was very unusual. So do consider us even when you are not traveling with pet.

Thanks once again for your overall very good review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Best of regards,

Kinsley, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My room was very nice and clean. The updated bathroom was very nice, especially the taller shower head. Loved that I could enter my room from the outside, instead of having to haul all of my things thru the hotel. Definitely enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sean P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at EconoLodge - Hays with fellow Trip Advisor readers. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. Only few of our rooms have outside and inside door. Most of our rooms have only inside door where you have to walk through interior corridor to get to the room. Thanks again !
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well worth the money. Got there late after driving for 8 hours. Was told that they got all new mattress and it was very comfortable. Plus they had a free small breakfast.

I always find that when staying at hotels people don't think of others! We were awaken by people letting their doors slam!

Stayed March 2015
Sean P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review after your recent stay with us and it was lovely to read how much you thought of the service that we provide here. We hope that you will come back and see us on your next trip to Hays.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very nice clean room! When checking in Agent was very nice, allowed me to check room before I paid. Room was perfect for our one night stay while traveling through Kansas. Great coffee & nice breakfast to get us on our way.
Clean & Comfortable!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Sean P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your recent EconoLodge - Hays experience with fellow Trip Advisor readers. It was a pleasure to read that you like our customer service , features and amenities. Thank you again for your honest review.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!