“Shower broken” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3503 Vine Street, Hays, KS 67601 (Formerly Knights Inn Hays)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Hays
Hays
“Shower broken”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Hotel room was clean, but shower didn't work and when I tried to contact the front desk, no one answered. If you can't take a shower, it really knocks down the experience. Other than the shower, the hotel was fine.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Sean P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Hello Ryne M, We are terribly sorry that you were checked into a room that has shower not working. I take full responsibility for this broken item. After speaking with you today on phone, I thank you for understanding and we do look forward to having you stay with us again when Hays is your destination. I am happy and more than thankful to you that you are going to give us another chance.
Thanks again.

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kansas City MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

A wonderful surprise! I usually avoid the so-called "budget" hotels, but some sporting event had filled up most of the places in this little Kansas city on a Sunday night. I read the other reviews on Trip Advisor and was extremely impressed, so I went for it. The lobby and small breakfast area were spotless and well-organized. The room was ULTRA clean, as was the bathroom. Mini-fridge and small microwave in the room, too. The place is located between two chain restaurants withing very short walking distance on either side. Wi-Fi was super good. The people who run the place were friendly and accommodating. This place is a WINNER!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sean P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
RadioGeorge, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you so much for your review and the compliments. We really appreciate your positive feedback. We put great efforts into our customer services and cleanliness of rooms.

Thanks again, RadioGeorge, for your feedback. We are very glad you choose us when making your trips through Hays and hope to see you again when Hays is your destination. Thank you!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

After readings reviews on hotels in Hays, KS we decided to stay here and we're so glad we did. Very clean, organized, helpful professional staff, and overall a great experience. Everything in the room looked perfect thanks to a very detailed housekeeping staff. Hallways smell of smoke but room was fine. I didn't even know hotels still allowed smoking! Seems like it may be worth losing a few reservations to smokers once in awhile to save on housekeeping costs and gain many more non-smokers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sean P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
SS02,
Management team of EconoLodge - Hays,KS would like to thank you for posting review. I'm glad to hear that you liked our service. I would like to thank you for mentioning about our housekeeping staff. I'm sorry that you had to deal with the smoke smell in the hallway. We do have few smoking rooms and we are trying everything to eliminate that smoke smell from hallway. We have installed automatic air freshners through out the hallway that run on timers. It does help little bit with the situation but not completely. We will keep trying different ways to remove that smoke smell from hallway. Hopefully we will find it before your next visit to our hotel.
Thanks again for posting your review.
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is not the best but one of the best econolodge I have ever stayed in. I mean in terms of service, price and more than that the cleanliness of room. I would stay at this econolodge. Good friendly staff and good breakfast with lot of varieties to choose from.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Sean P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Hello T-Smith011,
Management team of EconoLodge in Hays, KS would like to thank you for the compliments and for your review. We have been working hard to provide our guest with clean and comfortable rooms, along with quality customer service. Thanks for the acknowledgment as it is really motivational. Hope we can provide you the great service again soon! Thanks again !
Manhattan, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I am in the military and travel between Fort Carson in Colorado Springs and Fort Riley in Kansas semi-regularly. I always bring my family along. Hays is the place to stop for the night. and this Econo Lodge has been a great place to stay. On our last stay in mid February 2013, the staff members, to a person were friendly, helpful, concerned for our comfort. They worked to please. An example: we were the only people for breakfast and the desk clerk noticed on his own and turned the television to PBS Kids for my 2-year-old daughter. My baby girl loved making her own waffles (with daddy's help, of course). The rest of breakfast was juice, coffee (weak), two cold cereals, toast, pastries and bananas, which were a nice touch. For the two mornings we stayed, I would walk across the parking lot to the Arby's to get my daughter a side of eggs, which she loves. The desk guy told us that next time, just let him know and he would buy the eggs. I told him thanks, but we were fine. But I felt the gesture good customer service. I tell you, they work to please. The hotel is older with some cosmetic rough spots, but we saw the staff work hard to keep it clean. Wireless internet worked great. My family felt safe. No issues with noise at night. For an inexpensive hotel for the night or two, we have found few that pleased us more than this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Econolodge_Hays, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We wanted to thank you for your stay here at the EconoLodge-Hays,KS and we hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!