“NOT Clean” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Hays

You added Super 8 Hays to your Saves list
Super 8 Hays
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3730 Vine Street, Junction of I-70 & US 183, Hays, KS 67601-1945   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Hays
Oklahoma
“NOT Clean”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

This Super 8 goes on my Top Ten list of BAD hotel experiences.
I would drive all night to the next town before staying here again.

I called ahead to locate a pet friendly hotel in Hays, KS. I should have checked further before booking the Super 8. The smell of stale smoke greeted me when I entered the lobby. In addition, there was a sign announcing "No Smoking." Interesting. When I asked if the smoking was limited to a certain floor, I was told no.

Our room was on the second floor and the hallway was stuffy and smelled strongly of stale smoke. The room thankfully did not smell quite as bad. In my opinion, there is no excuse for a room to not be clean. Our main complaint was that the tub looked as if it had never been cleaned. Ever. (To assure myself that it was soap buildup, I used a kleenex and scratched the soap buildup....it came right off.) Disgusting. Also, there was hair in the tub and on the shower walls. Completely unacceptable. Additionally, I'm not sure the carpet had ever seen a vacuum.

Upon checkout the next morning, when I was asked by a desk person (possibly manager?) if all was okay...I told her of the dirty tub. Her response was that they were going to have the tubs "refinished." I told her that it was not that it needed to be refinished, but that it was a terrible buildup of soap (and it needed to be cleaned) and that we put a towel in the tub to stand on while showering. You may see the attached photo of the tub.

In addition, one of the queen beds did not have a fitted bottom sheet...so of course that was a complete bedding fiasco by morning.

Additionally, I was quoted a rate of $55. over the phone. I checked out very quickly as I was in a hurry to leave and didn't notice until we were down the interstate that I'd been charged $78.00. I had already signed off on it - which was, of course, my mistake.

There are a LOT of other hotels in Hays, KS. I wish you luck if you decide to stay here anyway. I was never so happy to leave a hotel.

• Liked — Wifi
  • Disliked — Dirty
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2005

3730 Vine St, Hays, KS - nice property- clean, room adequately sized; friendly and helpful staff, GREAT expanded continental breakfast (cold cereal, fresh fruit, bagels/cream cheese, toaster waffles, juice, etc.); quiet even though near I-70; extra - if you're there during tornado season you might see a tornado forming the the distance - the tornado chasers were gassing up and heading north - sometimes they come in the late eveneing to stay the night and talk about their adventures during the day. Convenient to gas stations and some restaurants.

Been to Super 8 Hays? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Hays

Address: 3730 Vine Street, Junction of I-70 & US 183, Hays, KS 67601-1945
Location: United States > Kansas > Hays
#1 Best Value Hotel in Hays
#4 Business Hotel in Hays
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Hays 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Super 8 Hays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Hays Hotel Hays
Super Eight Hays
Hays Super Eight
Hays Super 8

If you own or manage Super 8 Hays, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.