“Somewhat Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Hays

You added Super 8 Hays to your Saves list
Super 8 Hays
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3730 Vine Street, Junction of I-70 & US 183, Hays, KS 67601-1945   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Hays
Haysville
“Somewhat Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at the Super 8 in Hays, KS for 9 nights. The price was good but the room did not have a refrigerator!!! I was working a project with the state that required me to take my lunch with me. Since I had no refrigerator I had to go to Wal-Mart and buy a cooler and fill it with ice twice a day to keep things cold. What they did provide was a safe that they were going to charge me $1.50 per day for unless I declared I didn't use it at check-out. If I hadn't seen the small sign at the front desk that would have happened. Also they had HBO guides in the room but did not get HBO. Really? I had no complaints with the staff or housekeeping as they were great. Next time I will stay at the motel down the road that costs the same with a refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
El Dorado, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Our baseball team has stayed here for weekend games the past 5 years and has met our basic needs just fine. Close to shopping, restaurants, gas, and its right off the interstate. Staff is helpful and have treated us well. Comfortable clean room to sleep, watch tv, or rest in before heading to the ballpark.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fayetteville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Called in reservation from the middle of nowhere, CO and arrived very late to Hays to find the hotel right off the interstate followed by a very simple check in from kind, friendly, helpful staff, and a very comfortable bed in a smoking room(per request). Breakfast was good and checkout was easy. Will be back if I need to stay in Hays again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Was so excited to see how clean and tidy this place was. The room was immaculate and everything you'd need for a quick stopover. The staff was extremely helpful and kind. Hard to beat the value anywhere! Breakfast of cereal, juices, yogurt, or pastry was standard fare but well maintained and tasty (the Belgian waffle especially). Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
McDonald, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband had a heart attack and I had to find a hotel. I chose the Super 8- not only did the manager give me a great rate, but the staff was kind and helpful. Not long after my son-in-law was bit by a rattle snake and put in the hospital and once again I got a great rate and very caring staff. The rooms are nice and clean and the breakfast was pleasantly set out each morning. Our vehicle broke down and Connie let us have a late check so we had somewhere for my son-in-law to put up his leg. Whenever I find myself in Hays I will always stay at the Super 8.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Hays? Share your experiences!