“Good value for the price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Hays

You added Super 8 Hays to your Saves list
Super 8 Hays
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3730 Vine Street, Junction of I-70 & US 183, Hays, KS 67601-1945   |
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Hays

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
KANSAS CITY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Nice and friendly. We were traveling for football and when we arrived the hotel staff were decked out in the opposing teams spirit wear. Our traveling team beat the home town team and the temp outside was 32 degrees. When we returned to our room someone had dropped the temperature on the heater but that was our only complaint. We recently quit staying at Super 8 because the one in St. Charles Missouri is so dirty and they aren't customer service oriented. This one topped it all aces.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you want the Ritz you should have booked something different but for a good solid hotel this is a great place to stay. Check in was easy, the room was big and clean. Only problem I ran into was they didn't put any extra toilet paper in the bathroom. Read the hanging card in the bathroom too, if you want your sheets changed you have to put the card on your bed otherwise they won't change them. I was in and out all hours and the desk clerk was always there with a smile and hello. There is breakfast available but I never took advantage of it but I did notice that there were several people in the dining area when I would leave in the mornings so it must be at least adequate. Check out was easy and fast as well. The hotel was packed when I was staying there so parking was a bit of a challenge but I parked in the loading area when I checked in so I could unload my bags easily which was a plus. There is no elevator but since it is only two levels it isn't a big deal for someone like me but if you have issues with stairs you should keep that in mind when booking and reserve a ground floor room. The alarm clock didn't work in my room, causing a bit of mild irritation so I set up my phone as an alarm clock instead of having a wake up call. I've stayed in hotels all over the country and this one was the best one I have every run into at such a great price. Clean rooms, mints on the pillows, great service, and a quiet atmosphere. If you are staying in Hays for a long trip or just making a quick stop for the night this is the place to stay for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: My room was on the second story on the back of the hotel which may have been the reason it was quiet...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Paso Robles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Maria at the front desk was very helpful. We saw her deal very professionally with a traveler who had trouble on his trip and frustrated when he got to the hotel. She handled him well. The breakfast room was handy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Waxahachie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Having just stayed in several Super 8 hotels on this trip, I was impressed. This room was a bit more cozier(?) and I had mints on my pillow. Everything was comfortable; the bed, the shower, the pillows and the towels were all good. They even have large vehicle parking in front of the property and a truck stop across the street for larger vehicles. A plethora of restaurants surround.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Hays? Share your experiences!