“Great experience.!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
“Great experience.!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Best service of any restaurant I have been too! Extremely quick service even though they were busy. Very friendly staff. Waitress was very pleasant and friendly. When I left, I told the owner what a great experience I had.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect home town soda shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The soda shoppe is easily my favorite lunch time stop. The food is great, more than filling, and freshly made. Best of all the staff is wonderful. They are personal and genuinely care about the customers. Best lunchs in Hays.

• Visited July 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Your classic hotspot for an old fashion lunch joint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The people were nice as can be and the food came quickly and freshly made! I had the turkey club served on a spinach wrap and they grilled it panini style! My dad had the salad bar and loved the cheeseburger soup and the dessert of the day (it was a mandarin orange version of a banana pudding with fudge swirled wafers...light and delicious!) They have an old school coke fountain and the awesome chewy ice! The restaurant/town is 3 miles off the highway which isn't much further than the fast food places so we stopped here instead and boy are we glad we did! Seemed to be a local hotspot too, I would definitely stop here if you're pulling a long road trip like us and in need of a sit down lunch!

Hays, Kansas
“Worst Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Worst service of any restaurant I have ever been too. Extremely slow service when no where near busy. Lazy and rude wait staff; one boy sitting in a booth talking to customers instead of doing his job, and the waitress very snappy and bitter. When trying to give input to the owner, he merely laughed in our faces. The food was the only good quality of this restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ellis, Kansas
“Great place for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is the best sandwich place! In my opinion, they have the best reuben sandwich that I have had anywhere. Their old fashion soda fountain is good also. The service is a little slow at time but the wait staff is very friendly.

• Visited April 2013