“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Redding, California
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2008

Another great new Hampton Hotel by Hilton, it was better than the Hilton Garden Inn we stayed in the night before in Wichita, KS! No complaints as the kids had the sleeper sofas and we had the king bed. :)

• Liked — location, new, Hilton Honors program
  • Disliked — no Cracker Barrel anywhere around! :)
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

Our family of three had to travel to Hays unexpectedly for a funeral. I had booked online and got a AAA discount. We chose this hotel mainly because it has a pool and free wireless Internet. Lo and behold when we get there, the pool area is being worked on and the Internet connection speed was slow (at least it was when I tried it). This is the newest hotel in town, just off the highway, and I'd say it's probably the best one we've stayed in (we've also been to the Holiday Inn and Sleep Inn). It was nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room, and everything felt more spacious than the Sleep Inn. The desk staff was pleasant, even when we had to find emergency medical care for bronchitis in the middle of the night. I was hoping for a better breakfast than we got, though. The scrambled eggs were very powdery and tasteless. Would probably stay there again but would still bargain hunt to get the best rates.

• Liked — Refrigerator and microwave in room, also room thermostats
  • Disliked — AC would blast on and freeze the bed closest to the unit
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

After reading the previous review, I was really scared about staying here. There was no need to worry though b/c our stay was delightful. We arrived late (midnight), but was greeted by a very friendly desk clerk. We were put in a super clean room that looked brand new. I don't know how new this hotel is, but I felt like we were the first to stay in the room we were in. The breakfast was good too. Hampton has a dependably good breakfast everywhere.

• Liked — It was right off of I-70 & SUPER clean
  • Disliked — can't think of a single thing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
aurora, ne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

During an extended stay, I had the fortune to stay at the Hampton Inn in Hays. In room 302, I woke up the next mormning to find between 12 & 15 bedbugs in the room. They appologized and put me in room 425. Within 19 days I had two more bedbugs in the bed. They said they are pet friendly, I didn't think they ment bedbugs.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — bedbugs
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Johnstown, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

We hit the road early for a trip from CO to AR; and made it as far as Hays on the first day. We stopped in and they had a room. The property looks relatively new and we were very pleased with the stay. If we find ourselves in the area again...we'll be checking in here.

• Liked — clean and friendly
  • Disliked — come on...its KS
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2007

There are 2 Hampton Inns very close together in Hays. Don't get them mixed up! It seems that some of the reviews here have. This hotel seems to be pretty new. I value new and clean so I should say that up front. The room was both. The fancy beds that some of the Hampton Inns have now are wonderful. They have great bedding and pillows - lots of pillows. The bathroom was clean and well appointed - actually reminded me more of an expensive hotel than a Hampton Inn. The shower had the adjustable shower spray head and was nice and high for taller people. The water pressure was very good and I only noticed briefly that the temperature was affected by someone else showering. I just had to turn it hotter and it was fine. One thing I should say is that I wouldn't call the rooms spacious - we had a 2 queen room and couldn't have fit in a rollaway easily. It wasn't small just not big. I can't say about the gym or pool because we weren't there long enough to use them. There was an IHOP basically in the parking lot which was convenient when we wanted to not go far for something to eat. We had the breakfast at the hotel. Nothing spectacular but they did have some hot items (fried eggs and sausage). The person stocking the breakfast bar was friendly and quick with requests. A wonderful find in Hays. We would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Comfortable beds
  • Disliked — Construction around the hotel made it difficult to get to.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. I wasn't happy going to this part of Kansas but this hotel was great. The staff was very nice. The gym was way more than I expected in this hotel. The pool was also very nice. I won't be going back to Hays in the near future, but if I did I would definitely stay in this hotel. Also if you are in the area, I woudl recommend Gela's Diner in downtown Hays. The food was great.

Stayed June 2007

Been to Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70? Share your experiences!