“Great Place for Dogs” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Hays
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Great Place for Dogs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stopped here overnight with our two big dogs (90lbs and 40lbs.). The hotel added a small fee for the dogs, but it was well worth it. The room was wonderfully clean, and there was pleanty of places outside the well-lit hotel to walk the dogs in the morning and at night. I am so grateful that hotels will allow you to take your pets along, and as I said the room was perfectly clean. They also honored our earlier request to be on a ground floor.

Room Tip: Make a reservation and stay on the ground floor with your pet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Hello!

Thank you so much for the time you took to post a review about your recent stay with us! I'm so glad you and your family (dogs included!) enjoyed your time here.

Again, I appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you and yours the next time you are in the Hays area.

Katie & the Hampton Inn Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

As a Hilton Diamond member, we stay in a lot of their properties. Hampton Inn Hays is one of the best. Polite and friendly check in at 2 am, great room with a big bathroom, nice sitting area and great bed. Their is even an IHOP in the parking lot. We didn't make it to the very busy IHOP due to the very solid Biscuits and Gravy as part of the free breakfast.

Recommend rooms on the "quite side" away from the highway if you are a light sleeper. We were highway side but not a problem for us.

Also, they are dog friendly.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Hi there!

Thank you so much for the kind review about your recent stay with us! We certainly appreciate not not only that, but also your loyalty to the Hilton brand.

Your review will be most helpful and I'm very glad to see that you enjoyed the biscuits and gravy! It's so nice to have a great breakfast without having to leave the building, especially on such cold mornings!

Thank you again and we'll look forward to seeing you again whenever you're in the area!
Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Review of Hampton Inn in Ks, Ar, La,
Hampton's addition of nightly "happy Hour" at several locations is a welcome amenity after several hours on the road. Each property was well maintained, offered a great hot breakfast, and staffed by super people. Ample parking, coffee 24 hrs, daily newspaper etc. all one needs to be comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hello!

Thank you so much for your kind review! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our complimentary evening snacks! Your Hampton loyalty is greatly appreciated, as are your kind words. We will continue to strive to meet and exceed your expectations.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Switz City, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel is very clean and quiet. The king room was very nice and ac worked well. The parking lot is well lite with plenty of parking. While we were there the hot tub was out of order, wished it had been working. The breakfast was very good with eggs and sausage, oatmeal. All was very good and the lady taking care of everything was very nice and helpful, she took very good care of us. The front desk was very nice, too. We would stay again, but would enjoy the hot tub.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Hi there!

Thank you so much for posting a review! I do apologize that the hot tub was unfortunately out of order during your stay. Our maintenance team was working on it to get it up and running just as quickly as possible. Hopefully, for your next stay with us, you'll be able to enjoy the hot tub!

I'll make sure & let our breakfast attendant know how much you enjoyed your morning and the food options! I'm glad that both she and the Front Desk were able to accommodate you.

Thanks again, have a great day!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times. The hotel has always been clean and the staff has always been friendly. I've never experienced any problems here. My son lives in Colorado so when I travel from Tennessee to see him this is a good stopping place for me. It's really handy with the IHOP right across the parking lot. Once you check in to the hotel you don't have to drive anywhere. I was planning a trip to Colorado and went online to make reservation at this hotel again and much to my surprise I find out this is now a non-smoking hotel. I smoke. I need a place to stay just like the non-smokers. It's a shame that so many hotels are going smoke free. It's really hard to travel anymore. I would recommend this hotel because I've never had a bad experience here. Unfortunately I won't be able to stay here anymore.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Hello!

Thank you so much for posting a review about our hotel! I greatly appreciate your recommendations, and do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered due to our recent non-smoking conversion. We do offer designated smoking areas, but I understand that is not as convenient as the option to smoke in the rooms.

Your review was so helpful and I thank you for your time! We wish you nothing but safe travels and would welcome you back anytime.

Have a great day!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stay there as a midpoint between destinations. The room was clean and typical of a Hampton Inn. Unfortunately they have gone totally green for the cups in the room and at breakfast. We both like water at the nightstand and the paper cups don't work very well. Cudos to Jared at the front desk who found two glasses for us. We had a fire alarm at 10 pm. It stayed on for about a minute. The front desk Told us that someone accidentally actuated a pull station. They have a regular size washer and dryer for a dollar. They also had detergent and dryer fabric softener as complimentary-nice touch. Jared provided the menus that delivered to the hotel. The breakfast was the standard fare.

We wanted a first floor room. However the first floor has the king beds and were sold out. We ended up with two queens on the second floor.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Hi there!

Thanks for your review! I'm very glad to see that Jared was able to accommodate you with glasses that better served your needs; I'll make sure to let him know of your appreciation.

I apologize for the false fire alarm, but am glad it was silenced immediately.

You are correct - we only have single kings available on the first floor. For any future reservation, just make sure to let us know that you prefer a first floor room and we will do our best to accommodate.

Thank you again for your time and have a great day!
Newton, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night the week of Oct. 28th 2012. The hotel was very clean. The wireless which was free was not very good. I would be booted off about every 10 mins or so. The breakfast was ok. Oatmeal was ice cold it looked like they just forgotten to plug it in. Staff was very friendly and I would stay again. I have had some bad stays at different places in Hays.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello!

Thank you so much for posting a TripAdvisor review about your recent stay! I apologize that you had some trouble with the internet connection; we have a technician here this week helping us with an upgrade to our network. We should have a much more reliable connection once this update is complete.

I will also make sure that all breakfast food that is supposed to be warm, stays warm and I apologize that you found the oatmeal to not be in this condition!

I am happy to see that you will return to our property -- I greatly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having you back with us.

Thanks again!

Been to Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70? Share your experiences!