“Typical small town steak joint” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Montana Mike’s menu offers grilled chicken, baby back ribs, chicken-fried steak, catfish and of course our mouth-watering steaks including Mike’s 22-ounce Sirloin, a Mile High 16-ounceRibeye or a delicious Porterhouse. Guests can choose from a list of delicious appetizers including fried mushrooms, Mike’s famous potato boats or hand-breaded onion rings. We also offer fresh salads, pastas and other seasonal menus and promotions throughout the year.
“Typical small town steak joint”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is a safe bet for a stop along I70, especially with kids. Youll be fine if you remember that this is not Ruth's Chris nor Capitol Grill. Also your server is most likely a student from Hays High or FHSU. Maybe a step below Outback with very good bar food and decent ribs and chicken frieds. My server was an extremely pleasant kid who tried really hard. I did not try the steaks, but have heard that they are good enough and an excellent value from the folks I was with. I'd stop by again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Denver
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The service here is much better than the location in Oakley.

Visited March 2012
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Blah”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The warm greeting we were given at the door didn't compensate for the lukewarm fare--and I don't mean the temperature of the food, either! My party ordered chicken, both grilled and with rice, and on a sandwich, hot wings, vegetables, and a loaded baked potato. Everything was average to below average. I would not eat there again; choose a predictable chain restaurant instead.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good service; average food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The onion rings were outstanding. The steaks were just average.

Visited June 2012
Hays
“Won't go Back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Gave it two tries. First time the burger was not done over the flame and so greasy I had to toss it. Second time the lettuce was ROTTEN! This time I didn't pay. May have been good once upon a time but not now. I tried 2 different locations as well. Rotten service. No, NO service at all. I had to almost walk into the kitchen both times to find someone to wait on me and then again to pay.

• Visited May 2012